Trinity-Pawling School Photo #2 - Boys find a home away from home on Trinity-Pawling`s active 230-acre campus overlooking the Hudson River Valley, just 60 miles north of New York City.
Trinity-Pawling School Photo #3 - The Smith Field House is a 20,000-square-foot facility, which houses a gymnasium, two full basketball courts, an additional half court and workout area, locker rooms, a trophy area, and an Athletic Hall of Fame room. The building not only serves as a state-of-the-art athletic facility, but is also enjoyed daily as a student social center and gathering space.
Trinity-Pawling School Photo #4 - Since its inception in 1907, Trinity-Pawling has been an Episcopal school. The School gathers several times each week in All Saints` Chapel, the center of spiritual life. The overarching purpose is to come together as a community in a place that inspires reflection. Even in the 21st century, All Saints` Chapel remains the soul of the School.
Trinity-Pawling School Photo #5 - We prepare our students to be in charge of their own learning and their future accomplishments. The School`s focus on effort fosters the self-awareness that allows students to recognize the areas where they need to grow - while at the same time, opening their eyes to the talents and potential they never thought possible.
Trinity-Pawling School Photo #6 - The Effort System is Trinity-Pawling`s distinct approach to inspiring and measuring student growth. It assesses students in multiple dimensions: academics, dorm life, athletics, work program, and extracurricular involvement. Through this ethos of effort, we challenge young men to become ambitious, well-rounded individuals in all aspects of life.
Trinity-Pawling School Photo #7 - Through an array of theater courses and extracurriculars, the Trinity-Pawling Theater Department ignites passion in our students, in all aspects of the theater arts - whether acting, improvisation, directing, playwriting, producing, or lighting and set design.
Trinity-Pawling School Photo #8 - Each year, students with learning differences graduate from Trinity-Pawling prepared for college and beyond. The School`s Center for Learning Achievement recognizes the potential in each and every one of these students. For over 45 years, this signature program and individualized academic support have been providing an environment where students are transformed.
Trinity-Pawling School Photo #9 - At Trinity-Pawling, we intentionally design our programs to engage, inspire, and challenge boys. Our commitment to experiential learning acknowledges the research that has proven to be successful for boys. Our vigorous, yet supportive learning environment encourages boys to invest in themselves, discover their gifts and talents, and unlock their full potential.
Trinity-Pawling School Photo #10 - Open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Scully Dining Hall offers a healthy variety of hot entrees, with vegetarian options, a full salad bar, homemade soups, a deli and panini station, and a homemade dessert bar. As a school, we are committed to wholesome, nutritious meal preparation, food safety, and sustainability.
- At Trinity-Pawling, we see that spark of greatness in each boy.
- We help our students turn hopes into achievement and hard work into results.
- Along the way, they discover that greatness takes many forms - a breakthrough English paper, an act of kindness, a game winning goal.
- It's all about discovering talents and putting them into action.
- At Trinity-Pawling, no one sits on the sidelines. Get ready, go far.
Trinity-Pawling School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language Based Program for Mild Learning Differences/Executive Skills Program|
|Total Students||293 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Art, Advanced Spanish Language & Literature, AP American History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB/BC, AP Chemistry, AP Comparative Government, AP Computer Science A, AP English Language, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Literature, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Music Theory, AP Physics 1, AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Statistics, Honors Advanced Precalculus|
|Average SAT score||1210|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Jacket and tie for classes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$62,000|
|Tuition Notes||Boarding $62,000 Day (9-12) $44,000 $54,250 8th Grade Boarder (7 day) $47,500 8th Grade Boarder (5 day) $29,750 7th-8th Grade Day Student|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$28,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||JP Burlington|
|Admissions Associate||Amy Heinrich|
|Endowment Size||$45 million|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||65 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
3D Printing Club, Acolytes & Vergers, Allies(LGBTQ), Amen Boys, Asian Society, Aviation Club, Baking Club, Bridge Club, Cheese Club, Chess Club, Coffee House and Tea Club, Computer Club, Cooking Club, Cribbage Club, Dead Politics Society, Deans Assistants, Debate Club, Diversity Club, Dog Walking Club, Dorm Proctors, Drone Club, Dungeons and Dragons Club, Environmental Council, Finance Club, Health and Wellness Club, Key Club, Knitting Club, Literary Club, Math Club, Mindfulness Club, MIT Launch Club, Mock Trial, Model UN, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Poker Club, Random Acts of Kindness Club, Reading, Relay for Life, Robotics Club, Spirit Club, Strategy Board Games Club, Student Activities, Student Senate, Student's Corner, Usher Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Anime Club, Drama Club, Drumming Club, Film Club, Jazz Band, Pottery Club, Radio Club, Rock Band, String Music Club, Theater, Trinitones
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Mountain Biking Club, Outdoor Club, Quarterback Club, Rock Climbing, Ropes Course, Strength and Conditioning Club, Yoga Club
- Founded in 1907, Trinity-Pawling School is an all-boys college preparatory school located in Pawling, New York. The school serves boys in grades 7-12 and offers a postgraduate program.
- The goal of a Trinity-Pawling education is to unlock the potential for greatness that exists in each boy. The School pursues this goal through a vigorous learning environment that emphasizes innovation, creativity, and critical thinking. A commitment to project-based and experiential learning acknowledges the research that is proven to be successful for boys.
- A camaraderie of "brotherhood" is enhanced by a family of educators and students who are dedicated to building a culture of excellence and honor. The Trinity-Pawling learning experience combines a timeless commitment to character with a dedication to prepare young men for an ever-changing world.
- One of the School`s most distinctive attributes is its signatory Effort System, which began 50 years ago. The Effort System is Trinity-Pawling`s distinct approach to inspiring and measuring student growth. It assesses students in multiple dimensions: academics, dorm life, athletics, work program, and extracurricular involvement. Through this ethos of effort, we challenge young men to become ambitious, well-rounded individuals in all aspects of life.
- The School`s Center for Learning Achievement recognizes the potential in each and every student. For over 45 years, this signature program and individualized academic support has provided an environment where students are transformed - achieving their academic goals in ways they never expected, finding their confidence, and preparing for their futures.
- Trinity-Pawling's student-athletes range from lifelong players to novices - everyone plays sports at their level of experience and ability. The Pride competes in the Founders League, a highly competitive prep-school arena where student-athletes are prepared for college-level competition. Rather than specializing in one sport, coaches encourage boys to try a sport every season to develop their skills, sportsmanship, and self-discipline.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.