Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 7-12
- Enrollment: 62 students
- Yearly Tuition: $73,500
- Acceptance rate: 75%
- Average class size: 6 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Maplebrook School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
Academics and Faculty
Khaki pants, Maplebrook logo polo shirts
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
(We're always open to suggestions for new additions!), Community Service, Cooking Club, Drama/Theater, Driver's Permit Training, Gaming Club, Great Books Club, Leo's Club (Jr. version of the Lion's Club), Metal Detecting, Student Government, Yoga
Arts and Music Programs:
Instrument Lessons, Instrumental Music Lessons, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, Voice Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance, Golf, Ski and Snowboard Club, Ultimate Frisbee, Weight Training
- Maplebrook School is an independent boarding school for students with learning differences that seeks to meet the complex needs of each and every one of our students.
- At the heart of our educational philosophy is the goal to "Educate the heart." Trust, honesty, respect, citizenship, caring, fairness, faith, and responsibility, these are the Eight Pillars of Character that form the core values of a Maplebrook education.
- Our unique RISE program (Responsibility Increases Self Esteem) is the backbone of our approach to fostering these values in our students. RISE is a completely non-punitive, positive-reinforcement based system in which an increasing number of privileges are granted to the individual student as he or she earns more points; RISE also provides 1-on-1 mentoring for each student.
- Maplebrook further endeavors to provide a quality education for its students through the means of multi-sensory teaching methods, innovative iPad technology and programs such as Activate, and small class sizes of 4 to 8 students. Individual or small-group tutoring and daily study hall sessions run by teachers are also included in every student's schedule. Other available supports include Speech & Language therapy, and OT/PT as needed.
- As a boarding school where the majority of faculty and staff live as well as work, Maplebrook offers unique benefits that distinguish it from residential schools. Learning opportunities are present for students not only in the classroom, but throughout their day with teachers and staff who know them well. The caring family-style atmosphere of boarding school life also lends a wholesomeness to the Maplebrook environment, and provides the underlying structure of social support necessary to help each student succeed and thrive.
- Currently comprised of students from 16 states and 15 countries, Maplebrook highly values the diversity of its student body and is committed to further promoting such diversity.
- Geographically, Maplebrook students are ideally placed for experiencing the best of both rural and urban life in America; the school`s location in rural Amenia, 90 miles north of New York City and nestled in the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains provides a safe and beautiful place for students to live and learn in, while still making it possible to visit the city on occasion. Other local cultural and artistic opportunities abound closer to Amenia, as well. Maplebrook also avails itself of several opportunities throughout the year to be involved with our local community. Examples include a yearly art show, Leo's Club for students who wish to participate in community service, and our annual 5K Run/Walk to sponser the Panichi Family Center for Communication & Learning.
- Maplebrook recognizes that each student has their own complex learning style, complete with a unique set of strengths as well as a unique set of challenges. Accordingly, Maplebrook School offers students with learning differences the personalized education that each individual needs to succeed in school and beyond; and emphasizing the triune values of Excellence, Friendship, and Independence, Maplebrook is proud to say that, for students who learn differently, "We Make the Difference."
- For more information on Maplebrook School, please visit our website at www.maplebrookschool.org, or contact Admissions via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 845-373-8191. You can also find and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Maplebrook also runs a post-secondary program, the Institute for Collegiate and Career Studies (ICCS).
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Maplebrook School cost?
Maplebrook School's tuition is approximately $73,500 for private students and $10,000 for summer students.
What is the acceptance rate of Maplebrook School?
The acceptance rate of Maplebrook School is 75%, which is lower than the national average of 79%.
Does Maplebrook School offer a summer program?
Yes, Maplebrook School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does Maplebrook School offer?
Maplebrook School offers 11 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball.
When is the application deadline for Maplebrook School?
The application deadline for Maplebrook School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Maplebrook School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards