Mizzentop Day School
Tel: (845) 855-7338
- We teach our students to speak their own minds, and make sure that every voice is heard; to think critically and question in their pursuit of truth; and to step forward as learners and leaders who are prepared to excel.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||114 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dress Code/No Uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See Website|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Eileen Cuneo|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, SoccerBasketball, Field Hockey,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess/Checkers, Coding Club, Homework Club, Knitting, MakerSpace, Peer Mentoring, Reading Buddies, Robotics, Select Chorus, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Concert Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- At Mizzentop, we believe that childhood is the beginning of a lifelong journey into the world of knowledge. Our students discover their passion for learning with inspired faculty who understand how each child learns and what they need to excel. Students engage both their hearts and minds through curiosity, creativity and scholarship, graduating as empathic citizens prepared to live a life of value and meaning.
- Students are taught to explore, experience and discover the world of knowledge. Small class sizes honor our belief that each child`s educational journey is unique and worthy of respect. We teach our students to respectfully speak their own minds, and make sure that every voice is heard; to think critically and question in their pursuit of truth, and to step forward as learners and leaders who are prepared to excel.
- Our Living Values
- We believe community is built on a foundation of mutual understanding and respect. Multiple voices and experiences enrich our classrooms, where students are encouraged to explore the beauty of each person`s unique background and to find common ground. At the heart of Mizzentop are twelve internationally-recognized Living Values, all of which foster sensitivity and encourage citizenship in our diverse, global world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Danbury Grades: PK-8 | 139 students
44a Shelter Rock Rd
Danbury, CT 06810
(203) 744-8088 14.6 PK-8
- Danbury Grades: NS-12 | 350 students
91 Miry Brook Rd
Danbury, CT 06810
(203) 830-3916 14.3 NS-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?