5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (845) 259-8259
- Longview combines rigorous academics in the traditional curriculum with electives hardly ever seen on the pre-K to 12thgrade level. Some of our electives include computer programming, game design, C++ programming, debate, sociology, anthropology, Japanese, philosophy, storytelling, graphic design, engineering, construction, create a business, etc. Longview`s small, personalized environment supports both academic learning and social development. Beyond classes, students help run the school through participation in the school legislative body -school meeting - and the school court system-judicial committee. Our unique approach supports students in becoming independent, responsible, thoughtful individuals as they develop into well-rounded, happy young adults.
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Average SAT score||1340|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,300|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid available for qualifying families.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mark Jacobs|
- Longview combines rigorous academics in thetraditionalcurriculum with electives hardly ever seen on the pre-Kto 12thgrade level. Some of our electives includecomputerprogramming, game design, C++ programming, debate,sociology,anthropology, Japanese, philosophy, storytelling, graphicdesign,engineering, construction, create a business, etc.Longview`ssmall, personalized environment supports both academiclearning andsocial development. Beyond classes, students help runtheschool through participation in the school legislativebody-schoolmeeting-and the school court system-judicial committee.Ourunique approach supports students in becomingindependent,responsible, thoughtful individuals as they developintowell-rounded, happy young adults.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clinton Corners Grades: K-12 | 66 students
37 Shepherds Way
Clinton Corners, NY 12514
(845) 266-3497 34.3 K-12
- Millbrook Grades: PK-8 | 178 students
415 Route 343
Millbrook, NY 12545
(845) 677-5014 26.5 PK-8
- Pawling Grades: 7-12 | 293 students
700 Route 22
Pawling, NY 12564
(845) 855-4825 13 7-12
- Poughkeepsie Grades: PK-12 | 174 students
260 Boardman Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
(845) 462-7600 23 PK-12
Longview is a school like no other, and our child has been to many. Schools often claim to be "student-centered," but Longview actually is. The teachers understand that each child has different interests, needs, and challenges. There has been true, meaningful collaboration among us, the parents, our child, and the teachers. Also, the focus is on learning, in the very best possible sense. The teachers are not concerned about what students wear, whether they need to fidget, whether they sit up straight in a chair, or things like that. This removes barriers for students like our daughter who would otherwise be tense and stressed before a class even starts. There is no studying for the sake of standardized tests. Therefore, students keep their innate love of learning for learning`s sake.There are many different types of children at Longview, and there is no sense that the school is trying to force them to conform to a certain mold. The strengths of each child are recognized and cultivated. Individuality is celebrated. Classes are small, often with five students or fewer. This allows each child to have a truly individualized education.As a democratic school, Longview puts the students in charge of making the rules and voting on proposals for new school activities, etc. This relieves the stress present in many other schools of being forced to follow arbitrary rules in which students have no say. It also prepares students to become responsible members of a larger society much more than, in my opinion, traditional schools do. Our daughter has been able to flourish in this setting.
- Posted by Parent - Sarah
I can not say enough great things about Longview! When public school wasn't working for our two daughters, we thankfully found Longview and it has been such a blessing for our family! Longview provides an unique approach to education that focus on the whole child and meets them where he/she is at. Every teacher in that school knows my girls so well and knows what their strengths, weaknesses, interests, and learning styles are. When something isn't working, the staff if approachable and through open communication, adjustments can be made. Mark Jacobs helped my oldest daughter find an internship to follow her passion of baking and now after she graduates in June, she will be going to The Culinary Institute of America where she was accepted early, again thanks to the amazing help from Mark Jacobs! Longview is how education SHOULD be!
- Posted by Parent - Parent
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.