5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (941) 792-7500
- Edison Academics is a non profit 1-12 educational institution offering a wide variety of electives, advanced placement options, online courses, extra curricular clubs, and daily tutoring.
- Our school's curriculum meets, or in most cases exceeds, the Florida Sunshine State standards.
- Edison Academics program challenges and supports each student ensuring they will graduate ready to meet the demands of a competitive four year university.
- In a unique classroom setting, work will be individualized to meet the needs of each student.
- All students are required to take core curriculum classes that consist of language arts, fine arts, math, social studies and science.
- Every student brings unique talents to the classroom environment. The faculty is dedicated to the development of the autonomous learner and are committed to the promise of interactive instruction.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Ap Calculus, AP Physics|
|Average SAT score||1020|
|Average ACT score||21|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,300|
|Tuition Notes||9-12 $10300 6-8 $8500 1-5 $7500 includes book fee and registration. Scholarships available through McKay or Step up for students|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Randall Stewart|
|Admissions Associate||Theresa Mann|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Swimming,|
- Small class sizes
- Scholarships available
- Dedicated Faculty
- Reasonable Tuition
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ellenton Grades: 3-12 | 56 students
5309 29th Street East
Ellenton, FL 34222
(941) 723-3663 8.3 3-12
- Sarasota Grades: 9-12 | 505 students
4171 Fruitville Road
Sarasota, FL 34232
(941) 371-4917 14.2 9-12
- Bradenton Grades: NS-8 | 77 students
1616 59th Street West
Bradenton, FL 34209
(941) 792-7911 1.1 NS-8
The class sizes are small and there is a lot of individualized attention. The student body is very diverse with international students and student athletes as well as McKay and Step Up Scholarship students. There could be more variety in the curriculum and extra-curricular activities, but the focus is on educating students.
- Posted by Parent - twagn
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?