Elmwood Baptist Academy
5.00 (6 reviews)
- Elmwood Baptist Academy has more than forty years of experience in "Private Christian" education.
- We offer "ABeka Curriculum" with Phonics and a strong emphasis on reading for all students 4 years old through & 4th Grade Students.
- For students beyond 4th grade, children are placed at the exact point of academic ability by diagnostic testing.
- We provide goal setting and character building opportunities to student and stress uniqueness of the individual.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||230 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||50 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Solid Color Polo Shirt, Dress slacks for boys, modest, loose fitting, below the knee skirt for girls)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,290|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by age. Tuition discounts available for families with multiple children.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Joshua Lehman|
|Admissions Associate||Connie Kish|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Elmwood Baptist Academy has more than forty years experience in "Private Christian" education. We offer "ABeka Curriculum" with Phonics and a strong emphasis on reading for all students 4 years old through & 4th Grade Students. For students beyond 4th grade, children are placed at the exact point of academic ability by diagnostic testing. We provide goal setting and character building opportunities to student and stress uniqueness of the individual.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Westminster Grades: NS-12 | 297 students
3455 W 83rd Ave
Westminster, CO 80031
(303)427-5459 15 NS-12
- Brighton Grades: PK-8 | 339 students
1400 Skeel St
Brighton, CO 80601
(303)659-3443 2 PK-8
- Denver Grades: PK-12 | 265 students
12000 Zuni Street
Denver, CO 80234
(303)451-1421 12.7 PK-12
- Broomfield Grades: KG-12 | 65 students
5255 W 98th Ave
Broomfield, CO 80020
(303)466-1673 15.5 KG-12
- Greeley Grades: PK-12 | 383 students
3734 W 20th St
Greeley, CO 80634
(970)330-1151 31 PK-12
I love this school have went there since I was 3 and now am a freshman. I love being in this school the teacher are all great and give up so much of there own time to help there students (not just me). I am so happy to be in this school and would recommend Elmwood Baptist Acedemy to anyone looking for a great school that teachs the Bible and all the other subjects you need for an everyday life. I would not want to go to any other school. I am thankful for Elmwood Baptist Acedemy
- Posted by Student/Alumni - CR
Elmwood is an excellent school and church. A place where love is sown, education is the number one priority, and God's free gift of salvation is presented. Where staff shows love and support of the students and parents support the school. Where they are more than an academy, they are a family. We love Elmwood and their love for the LORD Jesus Christ.
- Posted by Parent - alpha0105
My children have gone to Elmwood Baptist Academy for years. It is a wonderful school. The teachers all care about the students. The principal himself has even tutored my children. They will even stay late or come in and help a child on days off to help them succeed. I love the teachers, principal and Pastor. Great Godly school. I love this school and can not see having my children any where else.
- Posted by Parent - Alex36
I am so excited that I found Elmwood! My children love the school! The teachers all have done an amazing job for my children. I am excited for many more years ahead!
- Posted by Parent - Parent
This may only be my son's first year at Elmwood Baptist Academy, but I can say with excitement that I very much look forward to where his educational career will take him. Whether that's in the simple events like his first field trip coming up or going to the Regional Competitions in the years to follow and watching him excel in greatness for his school. I have great anticipation for his time at Elmwood Baptist Academy and I greatly recommend this school to other parents because it has the morals, the people, the education and the spiritual walk that all parents should want for their children.
- Posted by Parent - bibli
My family has had our children at Elmwood for years now. The quality of education is amazing and the teachers are tremendous. They are so willing to help the students and challenge them to achieve the best possible.
- Posted by Parent - jcmus
July 13, 2018
Cindy Springsteen writes for the Long Island Examiner. She and I had a go at a couple of the major issues confronting parents of teens.
July 07, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.