5.00 (1 review)
An arial view of our sprawling 20-acre campus, which includes sports fields, nature center, playground, planetarium, and garden.
Kindergarten students learn how surgeons work by watching one operate on a banana in their classroom.
Students preparing for the Science Olympiad, which one-third of the school chooses to participate in.
- We believe that school doesn`t have to be boring; that if we challenge, excite, nurture, and engage the whole child, we can inspire a love of learning that will last a lifetime.
- That`s the environment we created at Emerson School and there is simply no better place for gifted and academically talented students to learn.
- Emerson's curriculum is crafted for students, not a test, and teachers have the freedom to make adjustments based on the gifts and needs of your child. Classrooms are safe places where cognitive and creative risk-taking is encouraged; where students learn by doing, by being listened to, by participating, and by working together.
- Emerson is an environment where smart is cool, and every classroom is comprised of other gifted, unique peers who help and encourage each other to become their best.
- It`s where children thrive, and we encourage you to learn more about how our school might benefit your child. See more facts and info at http://www.emerson-school.org/about/overview/.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
Association of Independent Michigan Schools (AIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||387 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level and can be found at http://www.emerson-school.org/prospective-families/tutition-and-financial-aid/|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisa Psarouthakis|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Math Counts, Science Olympiad Team Math Counts, Science Olympiad Team,
The mission of Emerson School is to provide a whole child, multiple method approach to instruction for gifted and for academically talented students. Emerson School encourages creativity, problem solving, and the development of basic skills, while providing a warm, supportive environment that promotes responsibility for oneself and others.
- DIVERSITY STATEMENT
Emerson School strives to make all students, faculty, administrators, and parents feel safe, respected and valued in her/his identity as full members of the school community. Nearlt 40 percent of Emerson Students are non-Caucasian.
We are dedicated to an ever-increasingly diverse learning environment that will best prepare our students to intelligently engage in a complex, globally interconnected society. At Emerson, diversity is thought of in terms of ethnicity, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, learning styles, socio-economic status, and family structure.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Ann ArborGrades: K-8 | 419 students
2270 E Stadium Blvd
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Ann ArborGrades: NS-3 | 62 students
5225 Jackson Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Ann ArborGrades: 6-12 | 565 students
850 Greenhills Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Whitmore LakeGrades: NS-12 | 167 students
8877 Main Street
Whitmore Lake, MI 48189
YpsilantiGrades: PK-8 | 163 students
1300 N Prospect Rd
Ypsilanti, MI 48198
The compassion and dedication of emerson school and encouraged my daughter to always believe she xan achieve anything she puts her mind too. She is challenged here but most of all happy and loves to go to school.
- Posted by Parent - faith
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017