Every young man should be taught to believe that he is indeed a genius and a gentleman with the leadership and learning skills of a champion scholar, created in the image of God to become a mighty servant of God. At Emery L. Fears Boys Academy our students are "Accepted as Boys. Emancipated as Men."
- Grades: 1-12
- Enrollment: 25 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 31%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- On September 7, 2004, headmaster D. Steven Spruill welcomed eleven extremely bright and highly intelligent minds to E. E. Just Collegiate Academy, the predecessor of Emery L. Fears Boys Academy. On that date, ELFBA opened its doors to a confident and courageous few for a host of generations to come. The original co-educational campus was located on the corners of 5th and Q Streets in northwest Washington, D.C. The Academy was housed in the Miles Educational Annex adjacent to the historical Third Baptist Church. The church`s sanctuary has been designated by the city of Washington, DC as an historic landmark. In 2006 the Academy was renamed in honor of Emery L. Fears, Professor Emeritus of Music, Norfolk State University. On Monday, August 28, 2006, Professor Fears was the Academy orator during the Opening School Convocation held at Metropolitan Baptist Church in northwest Washington, DC, and the inaugural high school commencement speaker on Wednesday, June 9, 2010. The Academy is continuing with its mission of successfully educating and producing young men who are intellectual thinkers and altruistic servants of mankind. In an effort to enhance the future development and land growth of its campus, Emery L. Fears Boys Academy relocated to the Metro Richmond, Virginia area in 2012.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Emery L Fears Boys Academy?
The application deadline for Emery L Fears Boys Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Emery L Fears Boys Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.