Escondido Christian School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Escondido Christian School Photo #2 - Our K-8th graders get multiple recesses each day for fresh air, socialization, and recreation.
Escondido Christian School Photo #3 - Escondido Christian Lion's Players musical theater is a robust after-school drama program for 5-8th grades. Drama workshop begins in the 3rd and 4th grades. They present a drama workshop variety show.
Escondido Christian School Photo #4 - Our students enjoy our expansive 16-acre campus as a haven of greenery in the middle of Escondido. We have a fun sports program in both P.E. and afterschool enrichment. Our 6-8th grade competitive teams play against other local Christian schools weekly.
- Escondido Christian School offers a full range of educational services in modern, well-equipped facilities.
- Need-based financial aid is available. Escondido Christian is a ministry of Escondido Christian Center. School philosophy begins with the conviction that every child is uniquely imprinted with the image of God.
- In order to reach the potential God has for each child, we believe that children should have a well-rounded program that encourages them to develop socially, emotionally, cognitively, physically, and spiritually.
- Escondido Christian School works together with home and church to provide a Christ-centered spiritual, academic, and physical foundation in a Biblically-based environment, guiding young people into a daily walk with Jesus Christ to produce Kingdom-driven citizens.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||language, learning differences, mild autism,|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||364 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki/blue pants, plaid skirt/jumper, polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 1 / Aug. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,775|
|Tuition Notes||Need-based financial aid available/ preschool is monthly 857 /elementary 7300 per yr /Jr. High 7775|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,350|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jody LeDuc|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
ASB/Student Leadership, Chess Club, Computers, Robotics, Video Journalism
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Drama Club, Photography, Worship Team Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
After School Sports, Playball, Soccer Shots
- Escondido Christian is a school committed to the total development of the child. To reach all children's needs, the school has a resource center and a program for SST's for students. In addition, the school is committed to providing enriching experiences to the students with dedicated art, music, technology, and physical education classes. Technology is employed in every classroom. Project-based learning and collaboration are utilized at all grade levels, paired with a traditional program of academic excellence. Our college-prep high school program is a cutting edge blend of personalized learning and collaborative activities with a focus on missions and leadership. ECS ensures that students move on to college with consistent success.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Escondido Grades: PK-12 | 434 students
1868 North Broadway
Escondido, CA 92026
(760)489-1159 3.3 PK-12
- Escondido Grades: NS | 71 students
1748 S Escondido Blvd
Escondido, CA 92025
(760)739-9179 1.1 NS
- Escondido Grades: K-12 | 29 students
221 W 7th Avenue
Escondido, CA 92025
(760)489-1080 1.2 K-12
I absolutely love this school, the staff is caring and know all the students by name. The principal is at drop off early in the Morning and greets the children and parents. My son has attended since kindergarten, he is now in high school and ECS really helped set a good foundation that my son is able to carry with him through high school and values that will help him through adult hood.
- Posted by Parent - a
My son flourishes at ECS. . . Everyone at this school is committed to providing a Christ centered education for the children. You can see and feel the Lords love flow thru them and into these children's lives. Escondido Christian school has been a huge blessing to us. I am thankful the caring staff and enrichment my son is receiving.
- Posted by Parent - colle
My son is now in his second year attending ECS. There are no words to describe the LOVE... attention, compassion, and support... my son and we as parents receive from all the school staff ongoing. Because of this CARING... eviroment my son is thriving....educationally. We as parents need to relaize this is the most critical factor in selecting a school. Somewhere where it's not just said ....or in a mission statement but truly demonstrated..... "Every child is unique and supported in their own individual way". My son previously attended two very high cost "Christian" schools south and west of the Escondido area and all along ECS was tight here in Escondido where we live! My son, still often ask me, "Mommy, why did it take you so long to find ECS"? My answer is always the same, I''m sorry....but here you will stay.... until you graduate!! Annamarie
- Posted by Parent - annam
My three children have all blossomed at ECS. I am so thankful for the caring staff, wonderful enrichment programs, and exciting sports. The reasonably-priced before-and after school daycare is a godsend!
- Posted by Parent - chris
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.