- The ideal of the school is to develop individuals who will be competent to change their environment to greater conformity with moral ideals.
- Felix Adler, Philosopher, humanist, and founder of the Ethical Culture Fieldston School.
- To realize his vision we embrace the following ideals: ethical learning, academic excellence, and progressive education.
- Our school achieves academic excellence by challenging students to reach their highest potential in body, mind and spirit through the humanities, sciences, the arts and physical education.
- The students become active learners and engage in vital discourse in a community of dedicated teachers and an atmosphere of intellectual discipline and creativity.
- Through a curriculum rooted in the tenets of progressive education, students become independent thinkers as they learn that asking their own questions and seeking their own answers provides the key to the deepest kind of understanding.
- Cooperative, student-centered, discussion-based learning, and the freedom to make mistakes, are part of our students' everyday lives.
- We value inclusion and economic and racial diversity, and we honor all of our students for their unique contributions, cultural backgrounds, and beliefs.
- We consider service to be critical to the development of character, so we incorporate community service into the children's school experience from the earliest grades.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||447 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 1281 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 610 students
433 W End Ave
New York, NY 10024
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1240 students
5 W 93rd St
New York, NY 10025
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 681 students
610 East 83rd Street
New York, NY 10028
BronxGrades: PK-12 | 1140 students
5250 Fieldston Road
Bronx, NY 10471
May 27, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.