Horace Mann School
5.00 (1 review)
- Horace Mann is a co-educational college preparatory day school enrolling students in Nursery through Twelfth Grade.
- Among the top independent day schools in the country, Horace Mann is best known for a superb academic program that draws talented young people from three states and as far away as 50 miles.
- Horace Mann seeks to educate and nurture its students and to help them fulfill their potential.
- To attain this goal, the School provides a challenging and rigorous set of academic and extracurricular programs within a caring and supportive environment.
- Students are encouraged to test and learn about themselves, to develop a concern for others and to grow intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally.
- The School seeks to foster a capacity in each individual for clear and creative thought.
- The School encourages students to understand that learning is a lifelong endeavor that is valuable in itself.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1783 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||210 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: PK-12 | 1151 students
5250 Fieldston Road
Bronx, NY 10471
(718)549-8810 0.5 PK-12
- Bronx Grades: 6-8 | 377 students
3901 Fieldston Rd
Bronx, NY 10471
(718)329-7333 0.5 6-8
- New York Grades: K-12 | 705 students
610 East 83rd Street
New York, NY 10028
(212)744-8582 8.7 K-12
A white Saudi intelligent boy who was studying gread 5,6,7 in Lebenon at Adma international school . We would like to give him the best education through out your school .
- Posted by Parent - Ghura
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.