Fort Lauderdale Prep School
Fort Lauderdale Prep School Photo #2 - Pre-School & Kindergarten students listen to a Broward County Sherrif's Deputy explain about stranger dangers.
- At Fort Lauderdale Prep School we have a commitment to excellence in developmental education and a partnership between the family and the school.
- Our program looks at each child as a unique individual and tailors activities and learning experiences to fit his or her developmental needs.
- We provide a classroom with a learning centered approach.
- We recognize and welcome the uniqueness of each student and value the resulting diversity.
- Through the development of academic, artistic, physical and social skills every student's growth is encouraged and supported.
- Personal integrity, responsibility and social concern for others along with academic achievement are our fundamental principles.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/ Language-based learning differences.|
|Total Students||187 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call for Tuition.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Brad E. Lonstein|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Football, Intramural Sports Only, Martial Arts, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Dance, Field Hockey,
Flag Football, Football,
Intramural Sports Only, Martial Arts,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Computer Club, Homework Club - Daily from 3pm to 4pm, Student Council, Student Newspaper, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
After School Sports Club
- National & International Accreditation & Recognition
- Small School, Small Classes & Low Student / Teacher Ratio
- Traditional College Prep School Environment
- Honors, Advanced & AP Classes Available
- Resource Program for Under Achieving Students
- I-20 Visas & ESOL for International Students
- Transportation & Aftercare Available
- Summer School for Kindergarten thru 12th Grade
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: NS-12 | 1818 students
2401 W Cypress Creek Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
(954)905-5100 2.8 NS-12
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: NS-12 | 283 students
4645 N State Road 7
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33319
(954)731-7524 1.3 NS-12
- Coral Springs Grades: 9-12 | 187 students
648 Riverside Drive
Coral Springs, FL 33071
(954)680-8309 6 9-12
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: PK-8 | 143 students
7011 W Sunrise Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33313
(954)584-6816 3.6 PK-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.