The Blake School Of Plantation
A private, co-educational school for Pre-K through eighth grade. The Blake School is a place where children will develop a love for learning that last a lifetime.
The Montessori environment and philosophy of education create the foundation for a happy, capable and successful child.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 143 students
- Yearly Tuition: $7,000
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Jul. 30
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 45%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Finances and Admission
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition is based on grade level
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
basketball, bowling, Dance, flag football, Garden Club, kick ball, soccer, writing club
- The Blake School is a unique institution where over the last forty years, traditional Montessori methods have been combined with the latest educational technology tools to create a hybrid learning environment that prepares your child for the technology-driven future. Additionally, our low student-teacher ratio allows us to know every student at our school and their parents by name. We believe in educating the whole child and view the freedom to develop without boundaries to be one of the greatest advantages of the Montessori system. By focusing on the academic, social and moral development of the child using an un-paralleled education-delivery model, The Blake School has become the hidden treasure among South Florida's private schools.
Profile last updated:
Endorse The Blake School Of Plantation. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.