5.00 (4 reviews)
Westminster Academy Photo #3 - Westminster Academy educates the whole child from PK2 through 12th grade
- Since 1971, Westminster Academy has educated and equipped children as a Christ-honoring, Bible-centered, covenant, college-preparatory school ministry of Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church.
- The Westminster Academy community is composed of approximately 900 students from two years of age through twelfth grade who worship at over 150 different churches.
- Our students are prayerfully immersed in Jesus Christ, God's Truth, and scholarly excellence in all areas of their learning at WA. We prepare our students to be exceptional thinkers, learners, and leaders with a Biblical and scholarly perspective for college and life.
- Our graduates receive various college scholarship offers and many attend the top-tier universities in the nation including the United States Military Service Academies, UNC at Chapel Hill, Covenant, Duke, University of Florida, Florida State University, Furman, Georgia Tech, Harvard, Holy Cross, MIT, Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, Princeton, Stanford, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, Wheaton, and Yale.
- We invite you to tour our campus and learn more about what Westminster Academy has to offer.
- Please contact the Admissions Office at 954.771.4600 ext. 2529 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an individual tour or attend one of our scheduled open houses.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools of Florida|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2014|
|Total Students||857 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||82 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Capstone, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP Computer Science Principles, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Government & Politics, AP Human Geography, AP Latin, AP Physics, AP Spanish, AP Studio Art 2D, AP Studio Art Drawing, AP United States History, DE (Dual Enrollment) Business Calculus, DE Business Law, DE Calculus I, DE Calculus II, DE Chemistry, DE College Algebra, DE Introduction To Life Calling, DE Macro/Micro Enconomics, DE Precalculus, DE Psychology, DE Statistics, DE Trigonometry|
|Average SAT score||1207|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniforms - shorts, slacks, polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,700|
|Admissions Director||Austin Elmer|
|Admissions Associate||Sandy Black|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloBallet, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
FIRST Robotics Competition, Green Club, Harvard Model Congress, Key Club, La Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, National Latin Honor Society, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Concert Band, International Thespian Society, Jazz Band, Orchestra, Pep Band, Quill and Scroll
- Since 1971, Westminster Academy has educated and equipped children as a Christ-honoring, Bible-centered, covenant, college-preparatory school ministry of Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church. We are composed of Pre-K 2-year-olds through 12th grade with an annual enrollment of approximately 900 students. Our students are prayerfully immersed in Jesus Christ, God's Truth, and scholarly excellence in all areas of their learning at WA. We prepare our students to be exceptional thinkers, learners, and leaders with a Biblical and scholarly perspective for college and life. Our seniors receive college scholarships and many of them attend the top-tier universities in the nation including the United States Military Service Academies, UNC at Chapel Hill, Covenant, Duke, University of Florida, Furman, Georgia Tech, Harvard, Holy Cross, MIT, Princeton, Stanford, Wake Forest, Wheaton, and Yale.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: PK-12 | 2436 students
1501 Ne 62nd St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
(954)492-4135 0.9 PK-12
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: NS-12 | 1818 students
2401 W Cypress Creek Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
(954)905-5100 3.9 NS-12
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: 9-12 | 2171 students
2801 Sw 12th St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
(954)581-0700 7.5 9-12
This is a school that will love and nurture your child. Your child will receive a great education and be free to worship and pray.
- Posted by Parent - Luvy
As a family we have all been very happy at WA. I feel high school is preparing them well for college in many ways, not just academically. They provide a good balance for the students. This year WA did get a new Headmaster. We look forward to many good things and a even stronger future for WA.
- Posted by Parent - Faith
I am a parent who has a 2010 graduate and a current high schooler. Westminster Academy has been an excellent Christian school that has provided both my sons a very well rounded College Preparatory education, along with opportunity to be well rounded through leadership, music, and athletics.
- Posted by Parent - curle
Our son has been at Westminster for both summer camp and Pre-K2 and we have been very happy with the school. We highly recommend it to any parent looking for a warm, caring environment for their young children.
- Posted by Parent - bill.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.