Friendship Montessori School
- Friendship Montessori School was founded in 1992 by a Montessori teacher and her college professor husband who wanted their own sons to have the advantage of a Montessori start.
- Located off a country road, we take advantage of the country in our work and play.
- FMS welcomes children ages 2-6 to come learn in our family-oriented two-classroom schoolhouse.
- Our mission has stayed the same for twenty-eight years: we strive to be the best first-school experience for every child enrolled.
- Each child is treated as a unique and creative learner.
- Although we are sure to "prepare" our students for first grade, our focus is on meeting the needs of the children NOW. Early childhood should not be rushed through in order to get ready for the next phase; it is to be celebrated.
Friendship Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-1|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition of $7190. is for five days per week student age 3-6 including kindergarten. Three days per week tuition $5775. per year. Class for two to three year olds (limit 12 students with 3 teachers) is $5775. for three days per week for the school year and $7190. for five days.|
- only Montessori school on Maryland's Eastern Shore
- encourages family participation
- family oriented
- welcoming, informal atmosphere
- focus is always on meeting the needs of each child in our care
- 1-6 or better teacher-child ratio
- helpful, creative, attentive staff
- afterschool program
- Montessori certified staff
- twenty-eight year history
- second generation students
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chestertown Grades: 1-8 | 8 students
305 N Kent St
Chestertown, MD 21620 4.6 1-8
- Chestertown Grades: NS-8 | 155 students
6788 Wilkins Ln
Chestertown, MD 21620
(410)778-4100 6.6 NS-8
- Belcamp Grades: 4-12 | 39 students
1250 Brass Mill Rd
Belcamp, MD 21017 16 4-12
Just starting your search for a private school? Not sure where to look? This hub gathers together articles that will provide some answers and guidance.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.