Futures Academy - Brentwood
Futures Academy - Brentwood Photo #2 - Futures Academy's high quality academic one-to-one learning program includes social activities and onsite study areas for completing schoolwork assignments.
Futures Academy - Brentwood Photo #4 - At Futures Academy, learn at your pace and on your schedule with one student to one teacher class sizes.
- Students learn differently, and Futures Academy understands that. Since 1985, Halstrom Academy has helped more than 19,000 students achieve educational success with the personalized 1:1 instruction model it pioneered.
- For students who struggle in the traditional classroom such as those with ADHD, Dyslexia, or social anxiety, or students with special scheduling needs such as athletes and artists, Futures' personalized approach to teaching and flexible scheduling options helps students in grades 6-12 succeed in school. Halstrom offers open enrollment for full-time students, as well as part-time students who want to remediate or accelerate their traditional school curriculum.
- Futures offers more than 140 courses, 22 Honors and 20 AP, as well as a variety of social activities and clubs.
- At Futures Academy, you will find a school that fits your needs.
- Futures is WASC Accredited and UC,CSU and NCAA approved.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / ADD / Social Anxiety / Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,520|
|Tuition Notes||* Full-Time Student * Subject to change based on individual needs of the student * AP & Honors classes * Schedule a campus tour to get a customized quote|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
dance and theatre club, Leadership, yearbook
- Futures Academy campuses are private, college-prep schools that serve students who learn better outside the traditional classroom model. We believe students can reach their full potential with personalized instruction that instills confidence, character and the lifelong love of learning. On our campuses you will find close-knit communities that foster academic achievement and personal development.
- In education, one size does not fit all. When an instructor tailors a teaching method to the unique needs of each student, the chances of learning success increases exponentially. Futures Academy teachers use numerous techniques to present course work in a creative and fun way so that the student retains the information and enjoys the learning process. One-to-one education is a great option due to more individual attention, less distractions, improved communication and increased flexibility.
- Grown from a single campus in 1985, Futures Academy now has multiple campuses and is committed to providing education solutions for families throughout California. Majority of our students have gone on to attend well-reputed colleges and universities.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: K-12 | 693 students
11811 W Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(310)478-7189 1.2 K-12
- Burbank Grades: 9-12 | 434 students
511 S Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91505
(818)846-8141 11.3 9-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.