Futures Academy - Newport Beach
5.00 (2 reviews)
Futures Academy - Newport Beach Photo #2 - Futures Academy's high quality academic one-to-one learning program includes social activities and onsite study areas for completing schoolwork assignments.
Futures Academy - Newport Beach Photo #4 - At Futures Academy, our personalized one-to-one teaching approach provides students the opportunity to maximize their academic potential in a small, nurturing, private school environment.
- Futures Academy is an accredited private college-prep school offering 1:1 instruction for grades 6-12. Since 1985, Futures Academy has helped more than 19,000 students achieve educational success with its personalized 1:1 instruction model. At Futures Academy, we believe students can reach their full potential with personalized instruction that instills confidence, character and a lifelong love of learning. In response to Covid-19, all classes are currently 100% online 1:1 instruction with one student, one teacher virtual classrooms
- Open enrollment year-round for full-time and part-time Choose from more than 170 courses, 31 Honors and 18 AP, as well as a variety of social activities and clubs.
- Futures helps students who struggle in the traditional classroom, such as those with ADHD, Dyslexia, or social anxiety, or students with special scheduling needs such as athletes and artists
- Courses for credit, course remediation, and course acceleration options
- Futures` Summer School program offers the full course roster along with summer camps focused on math and writing skills, and small group classes focused on STEAM electives.Futures is WASC Accredited and UC, CSU & NCAA Approved
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / ADD / Social Anxiety / Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,800|
|Tuition Notes||* Full-Time Student * Subject to change based on individual needs of the student * AP & Honors classes additional - Schedule a campus tour to get a customized quote|
|Admissions Director||Marcia Johnson|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
dance and theatre club, Leadership, yearbook
- Futures Academy is a private, college-prep schools that serves students who learn better outside the traditional classroom model. We believe students can reach their full potential with personalized instruction that instills confidence, character and the lifelong love of learning. On our campuses you will find close-knit communities that foster academic achievement and personal development.
- In education, one size does not fit all. When an instructor tailors a teaching method to the unique needs of each student, the chances of learning success increases exponentially. Futures teachers use numerous techniques to present course work in a creative and engaging way so students retain the information and enjoy the learning process. One-to-one education at Futures Academy allows for more individualized attention, less distractions, improved communication, and increased flexibility.
- Grown from a single campus in 1985, Futures Academy now has 17 campuses and is committed to providing education solutions for families throughout California. The majority of our students have gone on to attend well-reputed colleges and universities.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newport Beach Grades: PK-K | 124 students
1550 Bristol Street N
Newport Beach, CA 92660
(949)955-2672 1 PK-K
- Irvine Grades: 6-12
2601 Main Street, Suite 1250
Irvine, CA 92614
(866)402-1699 1.3 6-12
- Irvine Grades: PK-K | 120 students
17575 Cartwright Rd
Irvine, CA 92614
(949)752-7217 1.3 PK-K
- Irvine Grades: Inquire with school | 14 students
17861 Von Karman Ave
Irvine, CA 92614 1.3 Inquire with school
My 7th grader has been attending H.A. since middle school. We absolutely love it! My son is a full time athlete, but takes academics very seriously. We tried many schools - public, private and even online. In regular school he wasn't challenged enough and our busy schedule + travel did not leave any room to waste time. Online school was great and flexible, but lacked a social component and got monotonous. Halstrom was a perfect solution. Newport Beach campus is amazing - teachers are very dedicated and make my son want to learn, even his least favorite subjects. In addition, they have so many clubs and activities - daily yoga, robotics, sailing, cooking, leadership and much more. In my experience the staff is fantastic and very well organized. My son absolutely loves going to school every day. He is currently working at double pace and a few grades above in some subjects, he is never stressed out, he learns a ton (and I am one of those parents who is on top of everything), and he is a straight A student. They also have tutors who help them with work outside of his on-on-one sessions with a teacher.
- Posted by Parent - Katia P.
Dear President I am Chan Bui, board secretaryBinh Duong Economics and Technology University, Address: 530 Dai Lo Binh Duong, Hiep Thanh, Thu Dau Mot City, Binh Duong province, Viet Nam.Removedwww.ktkt.edu.vn/We would like to chance to connect together about our students can study at School.And looking for the scholarship so that Students may be take care and control their fee.I am living in IrvineThank you for your cooperate
- Posted by Administrator - Chan bui
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.