Garden Montessori School
Garden Montessori School is a unique educational experience for students 18-months of age through Kindergarten. We pride ourselves on building strong and lasting relationships between students, parents, faculty, and community where the children can grow and learn to their greatest potential.
We hope during a child's development he/she will learn to solve problems using an organized approach, to use freedom wisely, to respect others, and develop a love for learning.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten
- Students: 105 students
- Yearly Tuition: $9,500
- Application Deadline: Aug. 1 / Mar. 1 / rolling
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 45%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
(Polo Shirts and Khaki)
(Polo Shirts and Khaki)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Aug. 1 / Mar. 1 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition ranges from $7,500 to $ 12,500 for the school year.
Summer Program Cost
Summer Program Cost Notes
- "Dr. Montessori believed that education is a preparation for life and not simply a mastery of intellectual skills."
- This powerful statement was the catalyst in creating Garden Montessori School's goal to provide an environment filled with activities and materials promoting a thirst for learning, and piquing the interest of the children's curiosity about their world around them. It is a combination of the work and guidance of the Directress that stimulates their desire to discover, empowering children with a sense of independence and self-esteem. It is the objective of GMS to provide many opportunities for a child to develop social and emotional skills necessary for solving problems respectfully. We encourage using freedoms wisely to make good choices, help develop an organized approach to critical thinking skills, and finally, most importantly, nurture their love for learning.
- GMS is a Full Member School with the American Montessori Society (AMS) and members of International Montessori Council (IMC), meeting all standards of excellence in accordance with the national guidelines. GMS became the first "Gold Seal Level II Certified" Green preschool in the United States in 2009 by a National Third Green Audit Program. We were proud to announce our elevation from a Level II to a Level III certification of excellence in 2013. Currently, with its continued commitment to making a difference for our planet, we are now working to achieve Gold or Platinum certification status through the Green Business Bureau, a National, Third-Party Green Business certification company.
Profile last updated: 09/22/2021
This is our son's first year at Garden Montessori School and we are blown away. Our son has an underlying medical condition and we wanted a school where it was not only safe but treated him like their own with love and kindness. Also, his developmental skills have improved so much. GMS values and teachings are superior compared to most other schools. We look forward to many more years at GMS.
Just like I tell to my close friends.. I can't be thankful enough for this school and its teachers. From the moment I came for a tour, I fell in love with their little yellow house. The classrooms are so clean, organized, and beautiful. The staff and teachers are so kind and professional. My baby's first week of school was very hard for him and for me, but they were always so patient and caring. They never made me feel bad about calling to check on him and I could tell they would care for how detailed their answers were about how he was doing. Now I can tell my baby loves going to school, his friends, and teachers. Also, he has learned so much in such a short period of time! He is becoming very independent and every day I'm so surprised about all he is learning! Now it's time for my second baby to go to school, and even tho it is a very emotional time, I would not be able to do it if I didn't know how caring and loving her teachers will be. I definitely recommend 100% the Garden Montessori school to all parents.
Amazing teachers and staff - a great mix of love and kindness, while still encouraging students to learn and grow.
We absolutely LOVE GMS! The growth we have seen in our 2 children (4 and 2 years old) has been amazing. We only wish we had found GMS sooner!
Best Private School in Wesley Chapel! Amazing administration, teachers and staff.
Caring teachers, they care about their students in all the aspects!! Thanks Garden Montessori School .
My two girls are in their second year at Garden Montessori School. I can't think of enough positive things to say about the school. The academics are great. I have a 2.5 year old that can sing the alphabet. She was only 1.5 when she knew about 10 colors. My four and a half year old is in prek. She is learning lessons in all sorts of subjects and I think she is right on track to be reading kids book independently by the end of the school year. I still remember one of the things I was told when I toured the school, "We do things a bit differently here, we teach addition, multiplication, division, and then subtraction. I was amazed... The school only goes up through kindergarten and they cover so much more than others. My girls really enjoy the school and really missed going over the summer. I think the biggest praise I can say is even if I was independently wealthy and could afford to send my kids anywhere or hire a private teacher or anything else that one could dream of I would still choose to have them at Garden Montessori School.
Endorse Garden Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
December 16, 2021Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
December 15, 2021Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.