Garden Montessori School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (813) 991-6335
Garden Montessori School is a unique educational experience for students 18-months of age through Kindergarten. We pride ourselves on building strong and lasting relationships between students, parents, faculty, and community where the children can grow and learn to their greatest potential.
We hope during a child's development he/she will learn to solve problems using an organized approach, to use freedom wisely, to respect others, and develop a love for learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Independent Private Schools Association
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$250|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||weekly|
|Total Students||109 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Polo Shirts and Khaki)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 1 / Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $7,000 to $ 11,160 for the school year.|
|Admissions Director||Stefani Ruskin|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
- "Dr. Montessori believed that education is a preparation for life and not simply a mastery of intellectual skills."
- This powerful statement was the catalyst in creating Garden Montessori School's goal to provide an environment filled with activities and materials promoting a thirst for learning, and piquing the interest of the children's curiosity about their world around them. It is a combination of the work and guidance of the Directress that stimulates their desire to discover, empowering children with a sense of independence and self-esteem. It is the objective of GMS to provide many opportunities for a child to develop social and emotional skills necessary for solving problems respectfully. We encourage using freedoms wisely to make good choices, help develop an organized approach to critical thinking skills, and finally, most importantly, nurture their love for learning.
- GMS is a Full Member School with the American Montessori Society (AMS) and members of International Montessori Council (IMC), meeting all standards of excellence in accordance with the national guidelines. GMS became the first "Gold Seal Level II Certified" Green preschool in the United States in 2009 by a National Third Green Audit Program. We were proud to announce our elevation from a Level II to a Level III certification of excellence in 2013. Currently, with its continued commitment to making a difference for our planet, we are now working to achieve Gold or Platinum certification status through the Green Business Bureau, a National, Third-Party Green Business certification company.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wesley Chapel Grades: 3-12 | 85 students
5700 Saddlebrook Way
Wesley Chapel, FL 33543
(813) 907-4300 1.7 3-12
We absolutely LOVE GMS! The growth we have seen in our 2 children (4 and 2 years old) has been amazing. We only wish we had found GMS sooner!
- Posted by Parent - E. Stanton
Best Private School in Wesley Chapel! Amazing administration, teachers and staff.
- Posted by Parent - Garden Montessori School
Caring teachers, they care about their students in all the aspects!! Thanks Garden Montessori School .
- Posted by Parent - Awesome
My two girls are in their second year at Garden Montessori School. I can't think of enough positive things to say about the school. The academics are great. I have a 2.5 year old that can sing the alphabet. She was only 1.5 when she knew about 10 colors. My four and a half year old is in prek. She is learning lessons in all sorts of subjects and I think she is right on track to be reading kids book independently by the end of the school year. I still remember one of the things I was told when I toured the school, "We do things a bit differently here, we teach addition, multiplication, division, and then subtraction. I was amazed... The school only goes up through kindergarten and they cover so much more than others. My girls really enjoy the school and really missed going over the summer. I think the biggest praise I can say is even if I was independently wealthy and could afford to send my kids anywhere or hire a private teacher or anything else that one could dream of I would still choose to have them at Garden Montessori School.
- Posted by Parent - Oneyellowducky
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.