Garden Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- Garden Montessori School (GMS) is affiliated with America Montessori Society (AMS) meeting all standards of excellence in accordance with national guidelines.
- GMS is currently establishing its accreditation through AMS and the Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC).
- The activities and environment provided in a Montessori school stimulate and develop a thirst for learning, a curiosity about one's surroundings and a desire to discover and to do things for oneself.
- We hope during a child's development he/she will learn to solve problems using an organized approach, to use freedom wisely, to respect others, and develop a love for learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
International Montessori Council (IMC)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Polo Shirts and Khaki)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $5,600 to $ 9,600 for the school year.|
|Admissions Director||Stefani Ruskin|
- GMS is accredited by the Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC). We are also a Full Member School with the American Montessori Society (AMS) and The International Montessori Council (IMC) meeting all standards of excellence in accordance with the national guidelines. GMS became the first "Gold Seal Level II Certified" Green preschool in the state of Florida in 2009 by a National Third Green Audit Program. We are proud to announce our elevation from a Level II to a Level III certification of excellence.
- Garden Montessori School`s Montessori certified lead teachers and administration, and experienced staff, have been involved in Montessori education for many years. They are uniquely talented professionals with a passion for inspiring young minds.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Land O LakesGrades: NS-12 | 282 students
5105 School Rd
Land O Lakes, FL 34638
- Wesley ChapelGrades: 3-12 | 96 students
5700 Saddlebrook Way
Wesley Chapel, FL 33543
- Wesley ChapelGrades: NS-PK | 84 students
6224 Old Pasco Road
Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
- Wesley ChapelGrades: PK-6 | 81 students
6300 Oakley Blvd
Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
- Land O LakesGrades: NS-12 | 478 students
2220 & 2331 Collier Parkway
Land O Lakes, FL 34639
My two girls are in their second year at Garden Montessori School. I can't think of enough positive things to say about the school. The academics are great. I have a 2.5 year old that can sing the alphabet. She was only 1.5 when she knew about 10 colors. My four and a half year old is in prek. She is learning lessons in all sorts of subjects and I think she is right on track to be reading kids book independently by the end of the school year. I still remember one of the things I was told when I toured the school, "We do things a bit differently here, we teach addition, multiplication, division, and then subtraction. I was amazed... The school only goes up through kindergarten and they cover so much more than others. My girls really enjoy the school and really missed going over the summer. I think the biggest praise I can say is even if I was independently wealthy and could afford to send my kids anywhere or hire a private teacher or anything else that one could dream of I would still choose to have them at Garden Montessori School.
- Posted by Parent - Oneyellowducky
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.