Geoge Crothers Memorial School
- GCMS is a licensed special education school designed to accommodate the needs of children with intellectual and developmental disabilities ages 3 to 21.
- Therapy services, including speech, occupational, physical, and vision, are offered to maximize student potential.
- A Transition Program that emphasizes pre-vocational, community, and ADL skills is also available.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$38,000|
|Admissions Director||William Benson|
- The George Crothers Memorial School is a private, state-licensed school for children, teens and young adults with intellectual disabilities, brain damage, or cerebral palsy between the ages of 3 and 21. The ungraded special education classes include academic and life skills training as well as pre-vocational, therapeutic, social, and recreational activities. The challenging program strives to develop each student to his or her highest potential. Speech, occupational, and physical therapy are integrated into the program based on the student’s individualized education plan. Vision services and social work services are also available. Registered nurses are on staff to administer medication, provide first aid and attend to the needs of medically fragile students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MalvernGrades: 1-12 | 52 students
655 Sugartown Road
Malvern, PA 19355
- Bryn MawrGrades: 5-12 | 72 students
737 S Ithan Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
- SwarthmoreGrades: PK-8 | 283 students
990 Fairview Rd
Swarthmore, PA 19081
- BrookhavenGrades: K-12 | 402 students
4301 Chandler Dr
Brookhaven, PA 19015
- ChesterGrades: PK-K | 65 students
1 University Pl
Chester, PA 19013
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.