Germantown United Meth Prescl
Tel: (901) 753-3109
- In 1974, Germantown United Methodist Church members and their friends recognized a need for their children to have opportunities to play and learn together.
- As the community rapidly expanded and became more mobile, their vision grew.
- Because each child is created as a unique individual with his/her own needs, interests, and learning style, we believe that each child is entitled to a rich learning environment designed in a developmentally appropriate manner to meet these needs.
- We believe a preschool program that encourages a child to search out the best in him/herself and others will lay the strongest foundation for years of happiness and success.
- The preschool program is nonprofit and supported entirely through student fees.
- Most of the budget—over 75% is allocated towards salaries and training.
- Each year, the Weekday Preschool Council reviews financial policies and establishes its budget based on the number of students who will be enrolled.
- This budget is carefully considered with the needs of the students, the financial ability of parents, and the salary requirement of staff in mind.
- These budget obligations must be met whether all children attend school or not.
- The preschool must honor its financial obligations and depends on receipt of all fees.
- Student fees are nonrefundable. Parents wishing for a place to be held for them until their child is able to attend will need to pay full tuition for the time prior to the child’s arrival.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||175 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies depending upon number of days attended per week|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Germantown Grades: PK-8 | 227 students
Germantown, TN 38138
(901) 753-1181 1 PK-8
- Memphis Grades: PK-K | 28 students
2755 Appling Rd
Memphis, TN 38133
(901) 377-3081 8 PK-K
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?