Germantown United Meth Prescl
- In 1974, Germantown United Methodist Church members and their friends recognized a need for their children to have opportunities to play and learn together.
- As the community rapidly expanded and became more mobile, their vision grew.
- Because each child is created as a unique individual with his/her own needs, interests, and learning style, we believe that each child is entitled to a rich learning environment designed in a developmentally appropriate manner to meet these needs.
- We believe a preschool program that encourages a child to search out the best in him/herself and others will lay the strongest foundation for years of happiness and success.
- The preschool program is nonprofit and supported entirely through student fees.
- Most of the budget—over 75% is allocated towards salaries and training.
- Each year, the Weekday Preschool Council reviews financial policies and establishes its budget based on the number of students who will be enrolled.
- This budget is carefully considered with the needs of the students, the financial ability of parents, and the salary requirement of staff in mind.
- These budget obligations must be met whether all children attend school or not.
- The preschool must honor its financial obligations and depends on receipt of all fees.
- Student fees are nonrefundable. Parents wishing for a place to be held for them until their child is able to attend will need to pay full tuition for the time prior to the child’s arrival.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||175 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies depending upon number of days attended per week|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Germantown Grades: PK-8 | 227 students
Germantown, TN 38138
(901)753-1181 1 PK-8
- Memphis Grades: PK-K | 24 students
2755 Appling Rd
Memphis, TN 38133
(901)377-3081 8 PK-K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.