Giving Tree Montessori School
- At The Giving Tree, we believe in creating a fun, supportive and safe learning environment that is based on respect for the children, and that embraces how special each child is.
- Through our play-based program, children can share experiences with friends and care for others.
- It also gives them opportunities through a variety of activities and learning spaces, to build their independence and confidence.
- We base our success on how happy we all are together, knowing that children thrive and learn best when they have the time and space to wonder, to imagine, to ask questions, and to actively participate in order to explore the word around them and how they fit into it.
- The Mission of Giving Tree is to provide many opportunities for children to participate and learn through playing in a safe and secure environment, allow children to work individually and in group situations, help children to develop a healthy sense of themselves and respect for others, encourage children to cultivate a positive outlook on learning and develop their natural curiosity about life.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Detroit Grades: PK-8 | 138 students
11475 East Outer Drive
Detroit, MI 48224
(313)885-0180 1.5 PK-8
- Dearborn Heights Grades: PK-8 | 230 students
466 N John Daly Rd
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127
(313)359-3000 20.5 PK-8
- Farmington Grades: PK-K | 88 students
24480 Orchard Lake Rd
Farmington, MI 48336
(248)477-8020 22.9 PK-K
- Ferndale Grades: PK-K | 66 students
400 W Marshall St
Ferndale, MI 48220
(248)548-4154 11.6 PK-K
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.