Good Shepherd Episcopal School
5.00 (1 review)
- Good Shepherd Episcopal School is for K-8 students who are embarking on a college preparatory track. Our small classes and dedicated faculty provide a wonderful learning environment. Good Shepherd students do much in addition to their daily academics. They sing and play violins and cellos, they learn Spanish, they pray daily and go to chapel weekly, they do art, they salute the flag in the mornings, and they participate in a robust physical education program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||39 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki bottoms, polo top (blue, red, or white) with school crest)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,875|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten tuition is $6490Application, registration, and materials fees apply - see website.|
|Admissions Director||Greg Summers|
- As an Episcopal school, we are open to students of various faith backgrounds. A core value of Episcopal schools is valuing the dignity of every human being, and we strive to do that here. Although the school is for K-8 students, Good Shepherd also has a preschool for infants through pre-kindergarten. Together, the school and preschool are able to serve a child from the age of 6 weeks until completing the 8th grade at 13 or 14 years of age. Please come and visit us at Good Shepherd Episcopal School and see firsthand how we provide education in mind, body, and spirit in the heart of Punta Gorda. We look forward to welcoming you!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Port Charlotte Grades: PK-12 | 292 students
20035 Quesada Ave
Port Charlotte, FL 33952
(941)625-8977 7.4 PK-12
- Port Charlotte Grades: PK-8 | 225 students
21505 Augusta Avenue
Port Charlotte, FL 33952
(941)625-5533 5.2 PK-8
- Punta Gorda Grades: K-9 | 110 students
2100 Loveland Blvd
Punta Gorda, FL 33980
(941)625-5237 5.3 K-9
- Port Charlotte Grades: PK-8 | 212 students
365 Orlando Blvd
Port Charlotte, FL 33954
(941)764-7673 7 PK-8
Good Shepherd has been a light in the dark for my son. The extra attention and focus on his individual success has been amazing. This school has a warm family atmosphere, promoting strong morals and confident kindness. Worth every penny!!!
- Posted by Parent - av102
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.