GracePointe Child Development Center
- Do you remember playing in the mud and making mud pies when you were a kid When was the last time your child made a mud pie At GracePointe CDC we play in the mud every day! We believe children learn through their play and that they must practice playing to become good students in big school.
- We are not your typical Montgomery mother's day out; you will not find worksheets at our school, but you will see ample learning taking place.
- We provide a variety of messy (sensory) play with paint, mud, water, shaving cream, and sand.
- Children must first learn to control their environments before they can control themselves.
- Children learn to read by being able to decode symbols.
- They do this by learning to organize their environment through sorting, classifying, and seriating objects.
- This is why we spend time in block, fine motor, and sensory play.
- Children cannot comprehend what they read unless they can see a story in their heads.
- To be able to see a story, they must be able to tell a story.
- We learn to tell and act out stories in dramatic play, circle time, and literacy circle.
- If children can act a story, they can comprehend what they read.
- The more children practice play, the deeper the level of learning.
- At GracePointe we aren't practicing Kindergarten by sitting at tables and doing worksheets; rather, we are preparing children for Kindergarten by teaching them and practicing life skills, such as making choices, staying on task, following directions, and learning social skills.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$155|
|Tuition Notes||3 days a week, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday=155/mo 4 days, above+ Monday=190/mo|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Big Green Bus|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montgomery Grades: K-12
2328 Fairlane Dr
Montgomery, AL 36116
(334)213-0803 6 K-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.