Greenhouse Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- Greenhouse Montessori School was established in March 1982 by Anne Hoffman and Nina Clancy.
- Nina and Anne believe that the Montessori method of education provides the most effective and fulfilling way to guide a child through his early school years, a critical period for learning and setting patterns which will last a lifetime.
- Our goals are two-fold: 1) to provide a Montessori enrichment program, and 2) to provide a It non-institutional" environment for children requiring full or part-time day care.
- Each class of twenty four children is taught by a certified Montessori teacher and an assistant teacher, and classes are evenly balanced between younger and older children.
- Greenhouse Montessori School welcomes all children regardless of race, creed, color or national origin who are 2 1/2 years old through kindergarten age.
- Admission is based on space-availability and agreement by staff and parents that the child is ready and will benefit from the classroom environment.
- One of our criteria for readiness is that the child is able to use the toilet independently.
- Admission shall not normally be granted on a short-term temporary basis.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||156 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Greenhouse Montessori School also viewed these schools: The Catholic School of Visalia, George McCann Memorial and Visalia Christian Schools.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Visalia Grades: PK-8 | 226 students
200 E Race Ave
Visalia, CA 93291
(559)732-5831 3.5 PK-8
- Visalia Grades: K-12 | 223 students
3737 S Akers St
Visalia, CA 93277
(559)733-9073 1.4 K-12
My daughter spent 3 years at Greenhouse, preschool through kindergarten. She thrived there. The teachers were all great. They clearly paired lead teachers with assistant teachers with their strengths in mind. There's always a nurturing one to help with difficult morning departure. When I''d pickup my daughter she was often excited to show me a work, so we''d sit and do one together for a few minutes before going home.
- Posted by Parent - dena.
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.