Greenhouse Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- Greenhouse Montessori School was established in March 1982 by Anne Hoffman and Nina Clancy.
- Nina and Anne believe that the Montessori method of education provides the most effective and fulfilling way to guide a child through his early school years, a critical period for learning and setting patterns which will last a lifetime.
- Our goals are two-fold: 1) to provide a Montessori enrichment program, and 2) to provide a It non-institutional" environment for children requiring full or part-time day care.
- Each class of twenty four children is taught by a certified Montessori teacher and an assistant teacher, and classes are evenly balanced between younger and older children.
- Greenhouse Montessori School welcomes all children regardless of race, creed, color or national origin who are 2 1/2 years old through kindergarten age.
- Admission is based on space-availability and agreement by staff and parents that the child is ready and will benefit from the classroom environment.
- One of our criteria for readiness is that the child is able to use the toilet independently.
- Admission shall not normally be granted on a short-term temporary basis.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
My daughter spent 3 years at Greenhouse, preschool through kindergarten. She thrived there. The teachers were all great. They clearly paired lead teachers with assistant teachers with their strengths in mind. There's always a nurturing one to help with difficult morning departure. When I''d pickup my daughter she was often excited to show me a work, so we''d sit and do one together for a few minutes before going home.
- Posted by Parent - dena.
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.