Greensburg Central Catholic High School
- Greensburg Central Catholic, a Diocesan co-educational high school, is a community of faith, which provides a quality holistic education to students from throughout the Westmoreland County area.
- A rigorous and comprehensive curriculum is designed to meet a diversity of academic and spiritual needs and to enable each student to reach his or her potential.
- The mission of Greensburg Central Catholic is to empower all students with the necessary knowledge and values to succeed in our global community.
- We believe that all knowledge originates with and flows from God.
- Therefore, our educational environment is gospel-centered and value-based, and reflects the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- We respect the individuality of each student, and acknowledge the unique challenges of adolescence.
- Our holistic education process provides opportunities for academic, spiritual, physical, interpersonal, and emotional development.
- We have charted a course that integrates personal development and accountability to self and community.
- Our mission is to empower our students with the education necessary to live as responsible Christians in a complex world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||345 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Terence P. Meehan, Principal|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greensburg Grades: PK-6 | 245 students
340 N Main St
Greensburg, PA 15601
(724)834-7940 1.3 PK-6
- Greensburg Grades: PK-12 | 64 students
538 Rugh Street
Greensburg, PA 15601
(724)853-8308 0.6 PK-12
- Pittsburgh Grades: 9-12 | 233 students
2700 Morange Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
(412)922-7400 28.8 9-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.