- Gwynedd-Mercy Academy is a private, Catholic, co-educational academy committed to quality education integrated with Gospel values.
- A ministry of the Sisters of Mercy and established in 1861, Gwynedd-Mercy Academy combines a long tradition of academic excellence with innovative teaching methodology and technology integration to create a caring, child-centered environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007|
|Total Students||419 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,300|
|Tuition Notes||Gwynedd-Mercy Academy tuition is bundled and fee-inclusive, including the cost of books, intial stationary supplies, field trips, school pictures and yearbook. A monthly payment plan is available. There are no technology or curriculum-fees of any type.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Bethanne Connolly|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,
Field Hockey, Football,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band/Choir/Voice Lessons, Forensics, National History Day Program, National Junior Honor Society, Service Activities, Student Council Forensics, Band/Choir/Voice Lessons,
National History Day Program,
National Junior Honor Society,
- Students at Gwynedd-Mercy Academy are nurtured and encouraged to reach the highest standards of excellence. Challenging academic curriculum, extensive arts and music programs, team-building athletic program and numerous extended learning opportunities allow our students recognize their gifts and to actualize their potential. Developing the faith life of the school community, in partnership with parents, is paramount at Gwynedd-Mercy Academy. Participation in the Community of Caring Program, based on the Olweus Anti-Bullying Program, supports our religion curriculum.
- In order to develop 21st century competencies and further authenticate the learning experiences at Gwynedd-Mercy Academy, students in kindergarten through eighth grade participate in an integrated STEM curriculum, applying scientific principles to solve real-world problems. Our curriculum is comprised of best practices in STEM education, challenging students to think analytically, critically, and creatively while engaging in scientific explorations and investigations. This inquiry-based, interdisciplinary approach brings STEM concepts to life with meaningful, hands-on learning experiences that deepen our students' intellectual curiosity of the world around them. Our curriculum embraces the concept of trial and error, encouraging students to focus on the process as the vehicle for success rather than the product.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Gwynedd ValleyGrades: 9-12 | 382 students
PO Box 902 1345 Sumneytown
Gwynedd Valley, PA 19437
Fort WashingtonGrades: PK-12 | 1109 students
340 Morris Rd
Fort Washington, PA 19034
North WalesGrades: PK-8 | 791 students
1321 Upper State Road
North Wales, PA 19454
JenkintownGrades: KG-8 | 191 students
606 West Ave
Jenkintown, PA 19046
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-8 | 331 students
5511 Greene St
Philadelphia, PA 19144
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.