Gwynedd-mercy Academy Elementary
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (215) 646-4916
- Gwynedd-Mercy Academy is a private, Catholic, co-educational academy committed to quality education integrated with Gospel values.
- A ministry of the Sisters of Mercy and established in 1861, Gwynedd-Mercy Academy combines a long tradition of academic excellence with innovative teaching methodology and technology integration to create a caring, child-centered environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007, 2017|
|Total Students||348 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,700|
|Tuition Notes||Gwynedd-Mercy Academy tuition is bundled and fee-inclusive, including the cost of books, intial stationary supplies, field trips, school pictures and yearbook. A monthly payment plan is available. There are no technology or curriculum-fees of any type.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Bethanne Connolly|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Flag Football,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band/Choir/Voice Lessons, National Junior Honor Society, Service Activities, Student Council|
- Students at Gwynedd-Mercy Academy are nurtured and encouraged to reach the highest standards of excellence. Challenging academic curriculum, extensive arts and music programs, team-building athletic program and numerous extended learning opportunities allow our students recognize their gifts and to actualize their potential. Developing the faith life of the school community, in partnership with parents, is paramount at Gwynedd-Mercy Academy. Participation in the Community of Caring Program, based on the Olweus Anti-Bullying Program, supports our religion curriculum.
- In order to develop 21st century competencies and further authenticate the learning experiences at Gwynedd-Mercy Academy, students in kindergarten through eighth grade participate in an integrated STEM curriculum, applying scientific principles to solve real-world problems. Our curriculum is comprised of best practices in STEM education, challenging students to think analytically, critically, and creatively while engaging in scientific explorations and investigations. This inquiry-based, interdisciplinary approach brings STEM concepts to life with meaningful, hands-on learning experiences that deepen our students' intellectual curiosity of the world around them. Our curriculum embraces the concept of trial and error, encouraging students to focus on the process as the vehicle for success rather than the product.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gwynedd Valley Grades: 9-12 | 375 students
1345 Sumneytown Pike
Gwynedd Valley, PA 19437
(215) 646-8815 1.7 9-12
- Lansdale Grades: PK-8 | 526 students
920 Sumneytown Pike
Lansdale, PA 19446
(215) 368-0582 4.8 PK-8
- North Wales Grades: PK-8 | 791 students
1321 Upper State Road
North Wales, PA 19454
(215) 412-7101 4.5 PK-8
- Ambler Grades: PK-2 | 200 students
1632 E Butler Pike
Ambler, PA 19002
(215) 646-2665 2.3 PK-2
Gwynedd-Mercy Academy Elementary has been an amazing school for my three children. My oldest son is now at La Salle College High School and was completely prepared, both academically and socially, for the challenges of high school. He transitioned smoothly into high school due to the incredible education he received during his time at GMA. My younger two children are currently in 5th and 8th grade at GMA and are thriving in the warm, positive learning environment. They are engaged in a challenging, STEM-based curriculum through a variety of hands-on activities. Our faculty and staff work tirelessly to educate every student based on their specific needs. There are many enrichment opportunities available to our students with our excellent music, art, sports, and after school programs. Our McAuley Learning Center is staffed with dedicated, trained educators who provide many types of learning support so that all children are given the tools they need to be successful at GMA. We have a full-time school counselor and full-time nurse on staff to meet every need of our students. We have a warm, welcoming community that fosters a true sense of family. Our family is very blessed to be a part of the Gwynedd-Mercy Academy Elementary community and would highly recommend it to any prospective families.
- Posted by Parent - GMA Parent
I have three children currently at GMA, grade 2nd, 6th and 8th. Our family absolutely loves it there. The class sizes are small giving each child the individual care they need. Gwynedd does a great job of preparing the kids for high school, both academically and emotionally. They encourage the students to get involved with extracurricular activities such as clubs, sports and service. The school recently switched to block scheduling which the kids really enjoy. GMA teaches the kids to be independent and respectful. We couldn't have picked a better spot to help raise our kids.
- Posted by Parent - Kelly S.
GMA is an outstanding elementary and middle school. Our children are thriving at GMA. The education, compassion towards the students as well as the high school preparedness is tremendous. We couldn't be happier with our choice to send our children to Gwynedd Mercy Academy Elementary.
- Posted by Parent - GMAparent
Amazing school! The class sizes give teachers a chance to help students when needed or challenge them at their pace! Great nurturing environment.
- Posted by Parent - Anna
Gwynedd Mercy Academy has shown dramatic improvement i on all quantifiable metrics, including student achievement and staff and leadership retention. This network has the foundation and people to provide an excellent educational option, where students are known, and they are challenged. Teachers and leaders are valued, supported and developed, and the staff culture is collaborative and kind. The network is committed to improving practices around diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Posted by Parent - Jenn
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.