Heartland Christian Academy
Tel: (863) 385-3850
- Heartland Christian Academy has had a long history in the Heartland of Florida.
- Beginning as Sebring Christian School in 1979 on the same property, HCA was incorporated in 1990.
- Over the years, HCA has been an educational choice for families in Highlands County and the surrounding cities.
- Heartland Christian is a faith based private school in Highlands County offering classes on campus for K-12 students.
- Heartland Christian is a non-denominational school accepting of students of all religions and denominations.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
International League of Christian Schools (ILCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Informal uniforms on Mon-Fri)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Rebekah Kogelschatz|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
4H Club, Interact Club, Key to Success Club
- The mission of HCA is to provide a Christian environment as an opportunity for students to reach their full potential spiritually and academically. Our mission in our community is to provide a positive choice for families and to educate students to thrive academically, socially, and spiritually.
- Core Values
- HCA provides a positive Christian environment for students to:Engage in thinking critically,Achieve individual success with God given talents and abilities,Acquire skills to work cooperatively,Develop a mission-minded focus to serve others, andLive with integrity and good character.
- To invest spiritually and academically in a generation by:Teaching Christian values and Biblical living by incorporating these into daily lessons and through a faculty and staff of Christian role models.Engaging students in active learning and critical thinking with innovative curriculum, current technology, and academic opportunities.Nurturing each individual student in achieving success.Encouraging mission-mindedness to serve others.Developing a family environment to assist in raising each student to reach his or her full potential.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Avon Park Grades: K-12 | 228 students
1525 W Avon Blvd
Avon Park, FL 33825
(863) 453-3131 11.4 K-12
- Avon Park Grades: PK-10 | 103 students
507 Rich St
Avon Park, FL 33825
(863) 453-8687 8.7 PK-10
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?