Heartland Christian Academy
- Heartland Christian Academy has had a long history in the Heartland of Florida.
- Beginning as Sebring Christian School in 1979 on the same property, HCA was incorporated in 1990.
- Over the years, HCA has been an educational choice for families in Highlands County and the surrounding cities.
- Heartland Christian is a faith based private school in Highlands County offering classes on campus for K-12 students.
- Heartland Christian is a non-denominational school accepting of students of all religions and denominations.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
International League of Christian Schools (ILCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Informal uniforms on Mon-Fri)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Rebekah Kogelschatz|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
4H Club, Interact Club, Key to Success Club
- The mission of HCA is to provide a Christian environment as an opportunity for students to reach their full potential spiritually and academically. Our mission in our community is to provide a positive choice for families and to educate students to thrive academically, socially, and spiritually.
- Core Values
- HCA provides a positive Christian environment for students to:Engage in thinking critically,Achieve individual success with God given talents and abilities,Acquire skills to work cooperatively,Develop a mission-minded focus to serve others, andLive with integrity and good character.
- To invest spiritually and academically in a generation by:Teaching Christian values and Biblical living by incorporating these into daily lessons and through a faculty and staff of Christian role models.Engaging students in active learning and critical thinking with innovative curriculum, current technology, and academic opportunities.Nurturing each individual student in achieving success.Encouraging mission-mindedness to serve others.Developing a family environment to assist in raising each student to reach his or her full potential.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Avon Park Grades: K-12 | 192 students
1525 W Avon Blvd
Avon Park, FL 33825
(863)453-3131 11.4 K-12
- Avon Park Grades: PK-2 | 59 students
507 Rich St
Avon Park, FL 33825
(863)453-8687 8.7 PK-2
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.