Hinkletown Mennonite School
Tel: (717) 354-7100
Hinkletown Mennonite School Photo #3 - Pre-K at HMS is a hands-on, play-based program for four- and five-year-olds.
Hinkletown Mennonite School Photo #5 - Early Childhood Education at HMS - Nurturing the growth of the whole child through exploration
Hinkletown Mennonite School Photo #6 - Elementary Grades: HMS creates life-long learners through innovative instruction and attention to students' needs
Hinkletown Mennonite School Photo #7 - Middle School Community - Providing a Christian context for growing independence and leadership development
Hinkletown Mennonite School Photo #8 - Middle school options like drama, music, interscholastic sports, clubs and much more give students the opportunity to explore their interests and discover their own gifts.
Hinkletown Mennonite School Photo #9 - Mentor groups build relationships, community and accountability during the middle school years of growing independence.
- Hinkletown Mennonite School is a Christ-centered, child-focused, Pre-K - Grade 12 school where children explore, parents participate and teachers nurture. Operating as a parent-governed school, HMS invites parents to partner with the school to nurture the gifts, skills, and faith of their children.
- Hinkletown Mennonite School is located 4 miles from Ephrata & New Holland in rural Lancaster County, between the cities of Lancaster and Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Education at HMS: inspires students to be life-long learners
- integrates Christ's teachings and Anabaptist values of peacemaking, service and community into everyday learning
- shapes a Christ-centered worldview develops each student's God-given gifts
- adapts holistic instruction to meet the needs of each student.
- Hinkletown Mennonite School`s NEW Venture Program offers a personalized and flexible option for grades 9 through 12. Blending hands-on, collaborative, and online learning with internships and community partnerships, students will be prepared for the future they envision -- in the workforce or through higher education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ELL/Learning Support Program|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||236 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,200|
|Tuition Notes||Financial assistance available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Melissa Beidler|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chapel Committee, Newspaper, Service Projects, Student Council, Yearbook (Middle School)
Arts and Music Programs:
Band - Junior & Senior, Chamber Choir, Choral Groups, Drama Productions, Handbells, Music Lessons, Schoolwide Enrichment Time mini-course, Strings Ensemble - Junior & Senior, Worship Team
- Hinkletown Mennonite School is a Christ-centered, child-focused, Pre-K - Grade 8 school where children explore, parents participate and teachers nurture. Operating as a parent-governed school, HMS invites parents to partner with the school to nurture the gifts, skills, and faith of their children.
- Our Vision
- What we want to see: Students learning & living God's purposes.
- Our Mission
- Education at HMS:
- - inspires students to be life-long learners
- - integrates Christ's teachings and Anabaptist* values of peacemaking, service & community into everyday learning
- - shapes a Christ-centered worldview
- - develops each student's God-given gifts
- - adapts holistic instruction to meet the needs of each student
- *Anabaptist -the term is most commonly used to refer to the Anabaptists of 16th century Europe. Today the descendants of the 16th century European movements (particularly the Amish, Hutterites, Mennonites, Church of the Brethren, Brethren in Christ, and other respective German Baptist variants) are the most common bodies referred to as Anabaptist.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ephrata Grades: 1-8 | 29 students
219 Conestoga Creek Rd
Ephrata, PA 17522
(717) 733-7585 0.1 1-8
- New Holland Grades: 1-10 | 53 students
3030 Division Hwy
New Holland, PA 17557
(717) 354-7266 1.1 1-10
- Ephrata Grades: 1-9 | 67 students
255 Hahnstown Rd
Ephrata, PA 17522
(717) 733-2694 1.9 1-9
- Stevens Grades: 1-8 | 20 students
988 Red Run Rd
Stevens, PA 17578
(717) 445-4076 2.1 1-8
- Terre Hill Grades: 1-8 | 26 students
1137 Lancaster Ave
Terre Hill, PA 17581
(717) 542-4259 2.2 1-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.