- The Hoffman Academy provides differentiated instruction to meet the diverse needs of students with complex behavioral concerns.
- All programs through the school are operated according to the guidelines established by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Students have their needs assessed and then receive instruction designed specifically to their academic level by our staff.
- Both academics and behaviors are carefully monitored and individual plans are developed for each student.
- We offer full-time services from a school psychologist and guidance counselor.
- Students in need of related services such as speech and language support, occupational or physical therapy will have those needs met by highly qualified individuals contracted by us with outside agencies.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Emotional Disturbance|
|Total Students||67 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition can range between $18,000-$90,000 depending on the services required. Additional services can include room and board.|
- At the Hoffman Academy we believe that all children have a fundamental right to an education tailored to their specific needs and that all students are capable of making academic progress when their needs are appropriately and successfully met. In order for the Academy`s programing to be optimized, the staff utilize a variety of instructional methods, intervention strategies, technology and research validated resources. All staff participate in ongoing professional development to help them diagnose and build upon a student`s strengths and remediate areas of weakness. Teachers are continually being trained in research-based instructional and intervention strategies. All decisions are made based upon what would be the most beneficial for the students. We constantly strive to improve our methods and practices and always work together toward the common goal of empowering students with complex needs to recognize and optimize their full potential. In addition to quality academics students can participate in the following creative therapies: equine, art and pet.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Abbottstown Grades: K-12 | 134 students
6156 W Canal Rd
Abbottstown, PA 17301
(717) 259-9537 15.4 K-12
- Carlisle Grades: K-12 | 38 students
898 Waggoners Gap Rd
Carlisle, PA 17013
(717) 249-4525 32.2 K-12
- Chambersburg Grades: 6-12 | 12 students
2395 Philadelphia Ave Unit 14
Chambersburg, PA 17202
(717) 261-1163 28.6 6-12
very pleased with the education my child received while at hoffman
- Posted by Parent - parent