Paradise School, in partnership with Lincoln Intermediate Unit # 12, seeks to create a productive learning environment while providing an academic and behavioral education. The goal of the school and program is to develop the students` academic and behavioral health skills so that they are able to return to their home school districts and continue their education. The school provides educational instruction for students in Kindergarten through twelfth grade.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 134 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Paradise School, in partnership with Lincoln Intermediate Unit # 12, seeks to create a productive learning environment while providing an academic and behavioral education. The goal of the school and program is to develop the students` academic and behavioral health skills so that they are able to return to their home school districts and continue their education. The school provides educational instruction for students in Kindergarten through twelfth grade. Educational services are provided by the Lincoln Intermediate Unit #12 and we currently offer seven Emotional Support classrooms (with room for the addition of two or more classes) staffed by certified special educators. Other staff members include an Instructional Advisor as well as a School Psychologist, Speech Therapist and Occupational Therapist as itinerant support staff provided by the intermediate unit. The program utilizes a full spectrum of community resources including parks, libraries, movie theatres, skating rinks, as well as frequent and ongoing utilization of the Appalachian Trail as part of our educational and therapeutic tools. Paradise School staff members provide crisis intervention, supervision during lunch and break periods, social skills education, and school district coordination. Paradise Outpatient Counseling is located on site to provide schoolbased Outpatient Psychiatric services to both the students and their families. Utilizing Master`s level therapists and psychiatrist, students are offered individual, group and family counseling thus increasing their opportunities for success. Student in grade K-6 will receive educational programming and will also be involved in therapeutic activities each day. These students will have the opportunity to enjoy some of the benefits of Paradise School Program`s rural location the 400 acres of surrounding property. The grounds include a rock climbing wall, zip line, hiking trails, obstacle course, rope course, fishpond, swimming pool, baseball field, basket ball courts and weight room. Students in grade 7-12 will receive seven hours of educational programming per day. These students may also receive individual, group and family therapy services through our Outpatient Counseling Program. Although these students will also have an opportunity to enjoy the facilities at Paradise School, the majority of the experience will occur within the educational classroom setting. We understand that not every student will fit exactly into our structure, so we are always willing to make accommodations where necessary and feasible. Thus, individual programming allows students to be involved in varying degrees of the educational, therapeutic and recreational components of the program and facility in order to increase the opportunities and potential for all students.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Paradise School?
The application deadline for Paradise School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Paradise School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.