Tel: (717) 259-9537
- Paradise School, in partnership with Lincoln Intermediate Unit # 12, seeks to create a productive learning environment while providing an academic and behavioral education. The goal of the school and program is to develop the students` academic and behavioral health skills so that they are able to return to their home school districts and continue their education. The school provides educational instruction for students in Kindergarten through twelfth grade.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||134 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Paradise School, in partnership with Lincoln Intermediate Unit # 12, seeks to create a productive learning environment while providing an academic and behavioral education. The goal of the school and program is to develop the students` academic and behavioral health skills so that they are able to return to their home school districts and continue their education. The school provides educational instruction for students in Kindergarten through twelfth grade. Educational services are provided by the Lincoln Intermediate Unit #12 and we currently offer seven Emotional Support classrooms (with room for the addition of two or more classes) staffed by certified special educators. Other staff members include an Instructional Advisor as well as a School Psychologist, Speech Therapist and Occupational Therapist as itinerant support staff provided by the intermediate unit. The program utilizes a full spectrum of community resources including parks, libraries, movie theatres, skating rinks, as well as frequent and ongoing utilization of the Appalachian Trail as part of our educational and therapeutic tools. Paradise School staff members provide crisis intervention, supervision during lunch and break periods, social skills education, and school district coordination. Paradise Outpatient Counseling is located on site to provide schoolbased Outpatient Psychiatric services to both the students and their families. Utilizing Master`s level therapists and psychiatrist, students are offered individual, group and family counseling thus increasing their opportunities for success. Student in grade K-6 will receive educational programming and will also be involved in therapeutic activities each day. These students will have the opportunity to enjoy some of the benefits of Paradise School Program`s rural location the 400 acres of surrounding property. The grounds include a rock climbing wall, zip line, hiking trails, obstacle course, rope course, fishpond, swimming pool, baseball field, basket ball courts and weight room. Students in grade 7-12 will receive seven hours of educational programming per day. These students may also receive individual, group and family therapy services through our Outpatient Counseling Program. Although these students will also have an opportunity to enjoy the facilities at Paradise School, the majority of the experience will occur within the educational classroom setting. We understand that not every student will fit exactly into our structure, so we are always willing to make accommodations where necessary and feasible. Thus, individual programming allows students to be involved in varying degrees of the educational, therapeutic and recreational components of the program and facility in order to increase the opportunities and potential for all students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bryn Mawr Grades: 5-12 | 73 students
737 S Ithan Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610) 527-3230 85.9 5-12
- Carlisle Grades: K-12 | 38 students
898 Waggoners Gap Rd
Carlisle, PA 17013
(717) 249-4525 25 K-12
- Chambersburg Grades: 6-12 | 12 students
2395 Philadelphia Ave Unit 14
Chambersburg, PA 17202
(717) 261-1163 36.6 6-12
- Gettysburg Grades: 2-8 | 10 students
1493 Biglerville Rd
Gettysburg, PA 17325
(717) 338-0131 14.5 2-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?