Gettysburg Seventh-day Adventist Church School
Tel: (717) 338-0131
Gettysburg Seventh-day Adventist Church School Photo #3 - The school and grounds are safely set back off Route 234.
Gettysburg Seventh-day Adventist Church School Photo #4 - "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." 3 John 4
"Students serving God and mankind--now and for eternity." Adventist education began in the 1850's! It is the largest protestant edcuational system in the world! Bible-based Adventist education has always stood for excellence!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-8|
|Total Students||10 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$300|
- The global Seventh-day Adventist educational system includes 6,700 schools, colleges and universities, with approximately 66,000 teachers and 1,257,000 students.
- Our schools are systematically evaluated and accredited.
- Experienced teachers are certified and hold teaching credentials.
- The IOWA Basic Skills Examination is administered to all students annually. Gettysburg students rank above the nation in all areas. We averaged at the 74 percentile in 2004.
- An amazing two-thirds of our high school graduates continue on to college!
- Except for Bible-based Health and Science, Adventist schools use textbooks that are typically used in state of the art public schools.
- The school is operating in a new modern facility built in 2000.
- The school is located on a wooded 14 acres in a rural setting. A nature/fitness trail was made in the summer of 2005.
- Numerous opportunities are made available for students to serve the community throughout the year.
- Handchimes, guitar, voice, band, piano, and recorder lessons are offered.
- The school maintains up-to-date computer technology (XP Windows with Professional Office) with a 2:1 ratio.
- The library is outstanding, well-maintained offering a wide-range of media.
- There is a strong PTO (Home & School Association). Monthly meetings are interesting and informative.
- Gettysburg, like all Adventist schools, is made available to people of other faiths who desire their children to learn in a safe and sound Christian-like environment.
- Visit our website for up-to-date information including a calendar of events. http://www.GettysburgAdventistSchool.org
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gettysburg Grades: PK-12 | 97 students
3185 York Rd
Gettysburg, PA 17325
(717) 624-3884 5.5 PK-12
- Abbottstown Grades: K-12 | 134 students
6156 W Canal Rd
Abbottstown, PA 17301
(717) 259-9537 14.5 K-12
- Hanover Grades: K-3 | 264 students
55 Basilica Drive
Hanover, PA 17331
(717) 632-8715 11.2 K-3
- Harrisburg Grades: NS-9 | 71 students
424 N Progress Ave
Harrisburg, PA 17109
(717) 545-7300 36.2 NS-9
- Huntingdon Valley Grades: PK-10 | 164 students
1845 Byberry Rd
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006
(215) 947-6595 116.3 PK-10
Many parents agonize over sending their child to boarding school or keeping them at home and sending them to day school. A look at the pros and cons here.
Here are 25 factoids about private K-12 schools written to make you want to explore the private school world further and in depth.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.