Holy Redeemer Catholic School
- The mission of Holy Redeemer Catholic School is to provide each student with a quality faith-based education enabling them to grow spiritually, intellectually, physically, emotionally and socially in preparation for life's challenges and fulfillment.
- The philosophy of Holy Redeemer Catholic School is based on a response to the American Bishops' guidelines set forth in the Pastoral "To Teach As Jesus Did." The administrative and professional teaching faculty commit themselves and skills.
- This commitment helps develop the full potential of all students in this faith-based environment.
- Holy Redeemer School attempts to mold the whole student through the awareness that each child has a definite relationship with God, schoolmates, and others.
- The students are taught to become contributing members of society.
- They are encouraged to volunteer and preform services at home, at school and in the community.
- Students make contributions to support the poor, the homeless ansd global social causes.
Holy Redeemer Catholic School places among the top 20% of private schools in District of Columbia for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 48%
|Students by Grade|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Holy Redeemer Catholic School also viewed these schools: Center City Public Charter Schools - Trinidad Campus, Maret School, Sacred Heart School, God's Church International Higher Learning and Rock Creek Christian Academy.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Grades: PK-8 | 241 students
1217 West Virginia Avenue Ne
Washington, DC 20002
(202)397-1614 1.2 PK-8
- Washington Grades: NS-8 | 209 students
1625 Park Rd Nw
Washington, DC 20010
(202)265-4828 2.2 NS-8
- Suitland Grades: PK-12 | 38 students
4650 Suitland Rd
Suitland, MD 20746
(301)568-6200 6 PK-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.