Holy Spirit Elementary School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (718) 583-1570
- Holy Spirit Catholic School is a Catholic school which is part of Holy Spirit Church under the auspices of the Archdiocese of New York and the mandates of the City and the State of New York.
- It is an elementary school firmly dedicated to educating the whole child providing skills, knowledge and Catholic, Christian values that will enhance their uniqueness and foster their spiritual, academic, and physical growth in a stimulating learning environment.
- We at HHS, strive to impart the teaching of the Catholic faith and to promote the gospel values of love of God, neighbors, and oneself through actions and service to others.
- We endeavor to teach the basic skills and to motivate our students to develop responsibility, critical thinking, sound judgement, self-direction, and self expression.
- We promote understanding and respect for all cultures, nationalities, and religions by encouraging our students to see all people as brothers and sisters in Christ.
- These goals are achieved by the interaction of our dedicated administrative and teaching staff in partnership with our students and parents.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||297 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 473 students
1248 Nelson Avenue
Bronx, NY 10452
(718) 293-4288 1.2 PK-8
- New York Grades: PK-12 | 58 students
2345 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10035
(212) 348-7380 3.6 PK-12
- Bronx Grades: PK-12 | 1151 students
5250 Fieldston Road
Bronx, NY 10471
(718) 549-8810 3.2 PK-12
Loved the Bronx and Holy spirit was in sea cadets.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Donna Carroll
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.