International Children's School Inc.
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Thank you for taking the time to review the enclosed information on the International Children`s School Inc. We have been established in South Burlington, VT since 1989.
- As an early learning school for young children, we have helped thousands of children build excellent skills in reading, spelling, math, and science in addition to excellent handwriting.
- We teach children French and Spanish as our second languages, as well as introduce music and the study of many composers with our students.
- In class, our students "travel" every month to a different country as they learn about the world and its people.
- We take pride in our diverse classroom and teach our students to appreciate the beauty of other cultures.
International Children's School Inc. places among the top 20% of private schools in Vermont for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please view our website for tuition updates..|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms. Sadie Khouri-Roitman|
|Admissions Associate||Mr. Gary Roitman|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Dance, Figure Skating, GolfBallet, Dance,|
Figure Skating, Golf,
- New Part-time Programs (3-4 Days Program)
- Full-Time: Pre-School - Grade 3
- Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese Programs(When available)
- Reading, spelling, math, and science lessons
- Extracurricular activities including dancing, drama, music, field trips, international cuisine, and art
- Low teacher to student ratio
- Music, art, and culture classes
- Introducing Children to Artists, world music, and famous composers
- The lost art of handwriting
- Students "travel" every month to a different country as they learn about the world and its people
- Small Class Sizes
- School Hours: 8:30 am- 3:30 pm
- Please Call 802-865-3344 for more information
- Continuous Enrollment Year Round
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Burlington Grades: 7-12 | 40 students
1025 Airport Dr
South Burlington, VT 05403
(802)488-7711 0.7 7-12
- South Burlington Grades: 2-12 | 13 students
72 Ethan Allen Dr
South Burlington, VT 05403
(802)658-9175 1.2 2-12
- Winooski Grades: NS | 21 students
81 West Canal Street
Winooski, VT 05404
(802)654-7711 1.7 NS
- Burlington Grades: 1-7 | 11 students
57 So. Williams St.
Burlington, VT 05401
(802)658-5770 1.7 1-7
ICS is a hidden gem! It provides the best education I know of in this area. This school offers a very high level academic curriculum in a caring atmosphere. Academics are rigorous, but taught in a way that engages students so that they own their own learning, which lets them enjoy it. Students gain independence but also learn how to collaborate effectively. The faculty is second to none. The student body is very diverse. We feel so lucky that we found this wonderful school for our daughter..
- Posted by Parent - 1ShuttieAnnCenter@gmail.com
Dear ICS,Words are inadequate to express our gratitude for the two-year learning experience you provided for our daughter at the International Children's School. Initially, we were doubtful she could perform at the level you described at our first meeting, but we have been amazed and delighted at how she has exceeded all expectations in her academic, emotional, and social development. You created for her an environment where she felt inspired to learn while always feeling loved and accepted. You are remarkable teachers and we feel so fortunate that our daughter was able to thrive under your guidance and direction. Thank you, thank you for all you have done for our daughter and our family.
- Posted by Parent - thankfulparent
My husband and I are professionals with Ph.D. degrees in engineering. We both work full time; so finding quality care for our two daughters is our top priority. The International Children's School has been the best experience for my daughters and for us as parents. My first child attended the International Children's School (ICS) for 2 years for preschool and kindergarten. Before she attended ICS, she was still learning the alphabets. A few months after she joined the school, we were so amazed to find that she started reading and writing 3-letter words! By the time she graduated from the ICS (age 6), her reading and math skills are already at the 2nd grade level. She also learned Spanish, French, music and ice-skating for enrichment activities at the school. More importantly than the academic skills, she also built up her self-confidence at the ICS. With the successful learning experience, she is always eager to learn new things and confident on taking challenges. One day she came home singing the song "We can move the world, we can touch the sky, we can climb the highest mountain, spread our wings and fly." Such positive attitude taught at the ICS is very essential for a child's development. She believes that she can learn when she works her best. Now at 3rd grade, she continues to love learning and her reading and math skills are well above grade level. In this year's Continental Math League, she won the first place in the entire school 3rd grade. We feel that the skills and positive attitude she learned from ICS have made and will continue to make the most impact on her learning. My second daughter is currently enrolled in the International Children's School. In less than a year, she has learned all the letters and their sounds, three letter words, simple additions and subtractions, and she is learning blends now. She loves to read and is building up her confidence in learning. We are very impressed with her progress at the International Children's School. We are very thankful that my daughters had the opportunity to attend the International Children's School. I strongly recommend the school.
- Posted by Parent - hongm
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.