Islamic School Of Greater New Orleans
- Islamic School of Greater New Orleans has established a name for itself in the New Orleans' community as a school that offers quality education in an Islamic environment.
- As a result, Muslim families from neighboring communities who desires for their children to have ISGNO Islamic experience making Islamic School of Greater New Orleans a school serving about 150 students.
- The school is located in residential suburban community in Kenner.
- The mission of Islamic School of Greater New Orleans is to prepare a diverse student population for higher education or the career of their choice by equipping each child with the skills, knowledge, and habits of mind to become a self-motivated, competent, lifelong learner, through the successful implementation of culturally relevant., inquiry based, hands on learning, facilitated by dedicated, professional teachers in small learning environments.
- Our intent is to create seamless meaningful learning using multiple modalities and integrating disciplines, and promote, inform, educate and create cooperative school family connections.
- Assist young Muslim children to develop a strong foundation and sense of pride of their Islamic heritage.
- Islamic ideals and etiquette will pervade the atmosphere of the classroom through stories, shelf activities, celebration of Islamic holidays and the teachers being the role models.
- The teaching of Islam compliments our goals in achieving self-esteem, respect for self and others and to become successful individuals.
- Islamic School of Greater New Orleans will be a model Islamic educational system, within which learners may develop to their fullest potential and become a generation of leaders and individuals who are highly motivated to be successful in this life and beyond.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||124 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dark Navy Pants/ Jumper. White Shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 30|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$325|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K/KG $375 1st Grade- 8th Grade $325|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kenner Grades: PK-7 | 397 students
4119 Saint Elizabeth Dr
Kenner, LA 70065
(504)468-3524 3.6 PK-7
- Metairie Grades: NS-12 | 361 students
4828 Utica St
Metairie, LA 70006
(504)885-4700 2.9 NS-12
- Augusta Grades: PK-12 | 652 students
313 Baston Road
Augusta, GA 30907
(706)863-2905 537.4 PK-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.