Islamic School Of Greater New Orleans
- Islamic School of Greater New Orleans has established a name for itself in the New Orleans' community as a school that offers quality education in an Islamic environment.
- As a result, Muslim families from neighboring communities who desires for their children to have ISGNO Islamic experience making Islamic School of Greater New Orleans a school serving about 150 students.
- The school is located in residential suburban community in Kenner.
- The mission of Islamic School of Greater New Orleans is to prepare a diverse student population for higher education or the career of their choice by equipping each child with the skills, knowledge, and habits of mind to become a self-motivated, competent, lifelong learner, through the successful implementation of culturally relevant., inquiry based, hands on learning, facilitated by dedicated, professional teachers in small learning environments.
- Our intent is to create seamless meaningful learning using multiple modalities and integrating disciplines, and promote, inform, educate and create cooperative school family connections.
- Assist young Muslim children to develop a strong foundation and sense of pride of their Islamic heritage.
- Islamic ideals and etiquette will pervade the atmosphere of the classroom through stories, shelf activities, celebration of Islamic holidays and the teachers being the role models.
- The teaching of Islam compliments our goals in achieving self-esteem, respect for self and others and to become successful individuals.
- Islamic School of Greater New Orleans will be a model Islamic educational system, within which learners may develop to their fullest potential and become a generation of leaders and individuals who are highly motivated to be successful in this life and beyond.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||89 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dark Navy Pants/ Jumper. White Shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 30|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$325|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K/KG $375 1st Grade- 8th Grade $325|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kenner Grades: PK-7 | 397 students
4119 Saint Elizabeth Dr
Kenner, LA 70065
(504) 468-3524 3.6 PK-7
- Metairie Grades: K-12 | 282 students
4828 Utica St
Metairie, LA 70006
(504) 885-4700 2.9 K-12
- Augusta Grades: PK-12 | 575 students
313 Baston Road
Augusta, GA 30907
(706) 863-2905 537.4 PK-12
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?