Islamic School Of San Diego
- Islamic School of San Diego (ISSD) was founded by dedicated community members in 1992.
- Currently the school's 20 staff members serve 163 students in grades K - 8.
- The school is an essential part of the San Diego Muslim community and has been an effective and vital vehicle for assisting parents in their efforts to preserve the Islamic identity of Muslim children growing up in America.
- ItSSD provides children with an opportunity to learn the basic concepts, values, and ethics of Islam which will serve as the foundation for all other human knowledge and science.
- It forms an essential platform for shaping a virtous human character.
- ISSD provides a rigorous, integrated religious and academic education in a nurturing environment in order to develop academically and spiritually strong students who are balanced in all aspects of their development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||164 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The mission of the Islamic School of San Diego is to facilitate the intellectual, psychological, physical, and spiritual development of all its students within a supportive, nurturing environment. The school is committed to ensuring that learning occurs for all students and to including all stakeholders in a team approach to accomplish this goal. We endeavor to produce students that will contribute positively to humanity and the global environment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: 1-12 | 432 students
9150 Chesapeake Dr
San Diego, CA 92123
(858)576-0434 2.4 1-12
- Antioch Grades: 4-8 | 4 students
600 Alumrock Drive
Antioch, CA 94509
(925)706-7086 441.3 4-8
- Bell Gardens Grades: PK-11 | 161 students
5150 Gage Ave
Bell Gardens, CA 90201
(323)771-9135 98.7 PK-11
- Big Bear City Grades: K-12 | 262 students
351 Maple Ln
Big Bear City, CA 92314
(909)585-7188 101.1 K-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.