Islamic School Of San Diego
Islamic School of San Diego (ISSD) was founded by dedicated community members in 1992.
Currently the school's 20 staff members serve 163 students in grades K - 8.
The school is an essential part of the San Diego Muslim community and has been an effective and vital vehicle for assisting parents in their efforts to preserve the Islamic identity of Muslim children growing up in America.
ItSSD provides children with an opportunity to learn the basic concepts, values, and ethics of Islam which will serve as the foundation for all other human knowledge and science.
It forms an essential platform for shaping a virtous human character.
ISSD provides a rigorous, integrated religious and academic education in a nurturing environment in order to develop academically and spiritually strong students who are balanced in all aspects of their development.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 195 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- The mission of the Islamic School of San Diego is to facilitate the intellectual, psychological, physical, and spiritual development of all its students within a supportive, nurturing environment. The school is committed to ensuring that learning occurs for all students and to including all stakeholders in a team approach to accomplish this goal. We endeavor to produce students that will contribute positively to humanity and the global environment.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Islamic School Of San Diego?
The application deadline for Islamic School Of San Diego is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Islamic School Of San Diego. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.