- The John A. Coleman School, provides on-site special education for children in The Pediatric Center, a specialized nursing facility.
- Children in The Pediatric Center suffer from acute and devastating illnesses, disabilities, and medical conditions that require them to require long term hospitalization.
- New York Foundling started the Coleman School to support children whose severe disabilities prevented them from receiving education in a traditional environment.
- The School provides education, and physical, play and music therapy to infants, preschool and school age children as well as a bedside program for children who are too medically fragile to come to a classroom setting.
- While these children's cases are the most severe and restricting, they are also responsive to stimulating therapy and learning opportunities.
- While they cannot be educated in the traditional sense, we constantly strive to improve their quality of life through interaction with their environment and with other children and adults.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Total Students||210 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
JamaicaGrades: UG | 156 students
18730 Grand Central Pkwy
Jamaica, NY 11432
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 684 students
1 E 91st St
New York, NY 10128
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 860 students
375 Pearl St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 329 students
1518 73rd St
Brooklyn, NY 11228
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 280 students
219 Stanton Street
New York, NY 10002
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.