- The John A. Coleman School, provides on-site special education for children in The Pediatric Center, a specialized nursing facility.
- Children in The Pediatric Center suffer from acute and devastating illnesses, disabilities, and medical conditions that require them to require long term hospitalization.
- New York Foundling started the Coleman School to support children whose severe disabilities prevented them from receiving education in a traditional environment.
- The School provides education, and physical, play and music therapy to infants, preschool and school age children as well as a bedside program for children who are too medically fragile to come to a classroom setting.
- While these children's cases are the most severe and restricting, they are also responsive to stimulating therapy and learning opportunities.
- While they cannot be educated in the traditional sense, we constantly strive to improve their quality of life through interaction with their environment and with other children and adults.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Total Students||210 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: NS-12
225 East 43rd St.
New York, NY 10017
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 728 students
222 E 16th St
New York, NY 10003
New YorkGrades: NS-8 | 437 students
610 W 112th Street
New York, NY 10025
JamaicaGrades: UG | 156 students
18730 Grand Central Pkwy
Jamaica, NY 11432
New YorkGrades: K-8 | 150 students
211 West 61st Street
New York, NY 10023
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?
July 11, 2017
Suggestions for the small school's IT infrastructure and services.