- The mission of Lyceum Kennedy French American School is to provide our students with an outstanding bilingual and bicultural education based on the principles of self-expression and differentiated pedagogy.
- We strive to provide our students with a solid foundation, which will foster a desire for life-long learning and acquisition of knowledge, and prepare them to become responsible and engaged citizens of the world.
- As part of that mission, the Lyceum Kennedy French American School is committed to: •Offer an excellent education and full proficiency in both English and French.
- •Create a challenging curriculum based on the French and American education systems.
- •Provide a multicultural environment where students and teachers of all languages feel recognized and valued.
- •Cultivate critical thinking, teach responsibility, encourage independence, and promote awareness of the world and our environment.
- Lyceum Kennedy is accredited by the French Ministry of Education and is registered by the New York State Board of Regents.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies according to level.|
|Admissions Director||Léocadie EUSTACHE|
|Admissions Associate||Susan NEVINS|
- Our program is accredited by the French ministry of Education and egistered with the New York State Board of Regents Our students are able to transfer to any French, International or American schools around the world.
Profile last updated: 07/21/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MamaroneckGrades: NS-12 | 848 students
525 Fenimore Road
Mamaroneck, NY 10543
27 Crane Road
Scarsdale, NY 10583
TarrytownGrades: K-12 | 847 students
293 Benedict Avenue
Tarrytown, NY 10591
My husband and I arrived here with our three children in the summer of 2011 from Belgium. Our children have been going to Lyceum Kennedy since then. My two youngest are in Ardsley and recently, my daughter transitioned to the Lyceum Kennedy Manhattan campus for middle school and is thriving. I'm so glad I found Lyceum Kennedy in Ardsley when we moved here. It's been a fantastic school for our family. Because it's a small school, it feels like a big family. Moving from one country to another for a child is never easy. Luckily, at this campus, my children felt at home within days! I also appreciate the small teacher/student ratio (1 to 5), which has allowed a personalized learning experience for each of my children. And I've enjoyed having the chance to meet so many diverse families the school is very multicultural: some Americans, some expats from around the world (many United Nations families) international families employed by local employers and plenty of bicultural families.
- Posted by Parent - helen
We have been thrilled with Lyceum Kennedy. While my family is not French-speaking, we found that the environment at LK is warm and open to everyone. We feel so lucky to have found Lyceum Kennedy. Our five year old absolutely loves it! And his French is remarkable considering that it is only his second year at the school.
- Posted by Parent - tarab
Nearby Homes for Sale
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.