The Beekman School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 54 students
- Yearly Tuition: $45,000
- Average class size: 6 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Community Service Club, Literary Journal, Math League, Prom Committee, Student Council, Yearbook
- The Beekman School/The Tutoring School, a private high school for grades 9 through 12, founded in 1925, provides a competitive preparatory school curriculum with the advantage of offering highly individualized instruction where teaching is designed specifically to meet the needs of the individual. Class size is limited to 10 students in The Beekman School and 3 students in The Tutoring School. Its mission is to provide a supportive environment in which students can realize their academic potential and achieve their educational goals. This program can also educate students who require private or semi-private classes. Students who require such classes range from student actors or dancers who need to be out of school by the afternoon, students who want to accelerate and graduate early, those who wish to create an individualized honors program, students who need slight remediation in certains subjects as well as students who would like to take any type of Advanced Placement course.
- The Beekman School`s objective is to provide students with the tools and the confidence required to control their own destiny, to become life-long learners and to give back to their communities. Beekman is tailored to nurture the development of each individual student. To that end, we provide flexible scheduling, rolling admissions, classes of no more than 10 students and the option of private instruction and customized courses through The Tutoring School. Despite our size, we have a diverse student body with young men and women from all walks of life and all parts of the world. Beekman students play an active role in shaping their education, which helps to instill in them a sense of commitment and responsibility. They interact on a daily basis with an exceptional faculty that they come to know on a first-name basis. And when they graduate, they leave not only with a solid academic foundation, but with a keen sense of what lies ahead.
Endorse The Beekman School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards