Saint Saviour Catholic Academy
- Saint Saviour Catholic Academy prepares students from Nursery to Grade 8 for higher education.
- In accordance with Catholic values, we educate students in mind, body and spirit.
- Within a culturally diverse community, we create an environment where each child discovers a unique enthusiasm for learning, academic excellence, and social responsibility to reach his or her highest potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Speech, OT, PT, SEIT, SETSS|
|Total Students||391 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Associate||Julian Parham Santana|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art in the Studio, Bitbots, Chess, Cooking, Guitar, Italian, Silly Science, Sports Sampler
Arts and Music Programs:
In order to accomplish our Mission, we at Saint Saviour Catholic Academy:
- Welcome and support diversity of ethnicity/race, religion, socioeconomic background, and/or learning style.
- Educate children in a nurturing and supportive environment paired with the spiritual teachings of Catholicism.
- Present Catholic faith and service in an age-appropriate manner, encouraging our students the opportunity to put the teachings of Jesus into action by giving and caring for others.
- Implement the Responsive Classroom approach because we believe that if students feel safe and comfortable in their classroom community they will be willing to take risks, share ideas with one another, and be more successful learners.
- Adhere to the Common Core standards to meet each grade level`s learning goals.
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of each individual student`s learning style in order to maximize his/her education.Integrate lessons across subject areas to real world experiences in order to engage and enhance student learning.
- Utilize a variety of collaborative grouping strategies whereby students work together to find solutions and better understand material.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- JamaicaGrades: K-9 | 164 students
8741 165th St
Jamaica, NY 11432
- BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 33 students
98 5th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11217
- BrooklynGrades: K-8 | 341 students
241 Prospect Park W
Brooklyn, NY 11215
- WoodsideGrades: PK-K | 129 students
7201 43rd Avenue
Woodside, NY 11377
- BrooklynGrades: PK-9 | 640 students
1413 45th St
Brooklyn, NY 11219
January 23, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 23, 2018
Keep yourself on track as you work through the private school admissions process.
January 23, 2018
What is private school really like? Is there any truth to the rumors you keep hearing? Let's find out.