Rabbi Arthur Schneier Park East Day School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (212) 737-7330
- The Park East Day School is an exceptional coeducational Jewish day school whose mission is to provide an inclusive secular and Jewish environment in which excellence in general studies and in the study and appreciation of Jewish traditions, values and heritage is seamless and integrated.
- The School ‘s administration and faculty strive to inspire and instill pride in one's Jewish identity and to guide students to develop essential social, personal and academic communication skills based on their individual talents and abilities, thereby gaining acceptance into New York's finest high schools.
- Founded by its visionary dean, Rabbi Arthur Schneier, known worldwide for his work and dedication to religious freedom and human rights, Park East Day School is located in the heart of the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||219 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: NS-12 | 882 students
20 W End Ave
New York, NY 10023
(212) 246-7717 1.4 NS-12
- New York Grades: NS-8 | 146 students
805 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10025
(212) 427-9500 1.9 NS-8
- New York Grades: PK-8 | 526 students
310 West 75th Street
New York, NY 10023
(212) 376-6800 1.4 PK-8
- New York Grades: PK-4 | 440 students
125 E 85th Street
New York, NY 10028
(212) 774-8010 0.9 PK-4
- New York Grades: NS-12
60 East 78th Street
New York, NY 10075
(212) 774-8000 0.5 NS-12
So happy to have found PEDS, kids are more than happy to go to school every morning. Classroom sizes are small and kids get much needed individualized attention. Very very happy.
- Posted by Parent - MomOf4
This school is truly exceptional. My son is in preschool and started in the 2s program. It has a perfect balance of social play and learning. While in Pre-K, the teachers focus on handwriting, pre-reading, and early math. There is also a nice integration of Jewish studies in all aspects of learning. I would recommend this school to anyone.
- Posted by Parent - CA
A boutique Jewish Day School in the heart of the Upper East Side, the perfect balance of kindness and rigorous academics. The math teaching is an award-winning. The connection with the synagogue greatly enhances programs, facilities and gives it a warm family feel. Teachers are outstanding, and small class size gives a student's personal attention. They promote a love of Israel, good morals and a passion for learning with excellence. Kids are happy and kind. A true gem and the best Jewish Elementary and Preschool in New York!
- Posted by Parent - AHS
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.