Ramaz Lower School
- The Ramaz Lower School is a modern orthodox, coeducational yeshivah day school spanning grades one through four.
- Embracing the finest aspects of Jewish and Western culture, we help each student develop a personal commitment to a life of Torah and mitzvot in the modern world, as well as a love for the Jewish people and Medinat Yisrael.
- We nurture and support each student's quest for academic excellence while emphasizing the highest standards of menschlichkeit, reflecting moral sensitivity, personal refinement and human decency.
- Throughout the lower school experience, we offer children opportunities to use their minds, to discover the world around them, to become creative thinkers and to develop their critical thinking skills.
- As the students develop their academic skills, we help them begin to master the foundation of the Jewish studies curriculum with a major emphasis on the Hebrew language.
- At the same time, our students begin exploring the various disciplines that constitute the foundation of the general studies curriculum.
- We prepare them academically to meet the challenges of their continuing education.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||440 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||100 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Ramaz Lower School also viewed these schools: Rabbi Arthur Schneier Park East Day School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: PK-8 | 316 students
164 E 68th St
New York, NY 10065
(212)737-7330 0.9 PK-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.