Gillen Brewer School
- Founded in 1992, Gillen Brewer School is a family-oriented, 12-month early childhood program for children ages 2.8 to 10 years old with language-based and non-verbal learning disabilities.
- We provide developmentally appropriate academic instruction, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, counseling and social groups, music, art, science, technology, sports and physical fitness.
- Learning and growing in a secure and nurturing environment, our students develop the skills necessary to overcome challenges.
- We work closely with their families to instill self-confidence and build a strong foundation for lifelong learning and independence.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Receptive and Expressive Language Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder; Sensory Integration Disorder, Learning Disabilities, ADHD/ADD,|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||86 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Julian Parham Santana|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 398 students
301 E 29th St
New York, NY 10016
(212)722-0610 3.1 K-12
- New York Grades: K-9 | 408 students
132 E 78th St
New York, NY 10075
(212)288-6710 0.8 K-9