KinderCare on Smallwood Drive
Our team of teachers would like to welcome you to visit our learning center.
We strive each day to provide the best care for your child and hope you will be a part of our KinderCare family today!.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Students: 40 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 37%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to NAEYC accredited Westlake KinderCare in Waldorf,
Maryland, proudly serving the community since 1988. It is our
mission here to provide a safe, nurturing and educational
environment for each child we serve.
We believe in developing the whole child with an emphasis on assisting your child's growth with their social, emotional, cognitive and physical development. Here at Westlake KinderCare, your child will be provided a safe and stimulating environment to learn in and have the best teachers who believe in education and care for the children as if they were their own. We are proud to have a team of long-term staff with an average 10-year tenure.
The Westlake KinderCare staff offer superior child care services as every staff member makes it a point to know every child and family individually. Each classroom's curriculum is research-based and designed by experts. In addition to the curriculum, we offer Learning Adventures Enrichment Programs: Phonics, Math, Cooking, and Music. The enrichment programs offer individualized, small-group lessons.
We welcome you and your family to come by and witness all the fun and learning happening here at Westlake KinderCare.
- Westlake KinderCare adheres to the highest safety, cleanliness and maintenance standards. The center has a secure entry to the building with keypad access, there is daily sign in/out procedures from the parent as well as the teachers. We also have a health and safety coordiantor, Ms. Kelly who conducts monthly fire and disaster drills. She also ensures that all of our classrooms are maintaning all health and safety procedures every day.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:00 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Maryland state Vouchers, Judy Center. Military discount 5%. 10% discount for county teachers.
Endorse KinderCare on Smallwood Drive. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.