King's Wood Montessori School in Foxboro, MA, was founded in 1968 by a group of parents interested in providing Montessori education for their children. More than 50 years later, King's Wood remains a parent-owned, non-profit school serving children from over fifteen communities in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
We offer both half-day and full-day programs along with before and after-school care.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 40 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 30%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Please visit the website @ www.kingswoodmontessori.org to submit an inquiry.
- King's Wood Montessori School was founded in 1968 by a group of parents to provide Montessori education for their children. More than 50 years later, King's Wood remains a parent-owned, non-profit school serving children from over fifteen communities in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
- The Montessori teaching method, as developed by Dr. Maria Montessori, is an approach to learning that recognizes young children's tremendous capacity and desireto discover and explore the environment that is their immediate world.
- By creating a rich and responsive environment where the children can develop as individuals, the Montessori method facilitates learning by converting the child's natural curiosity into learning patterns.
- Classes are comprised of mixed age groups to provide models for imitation and opportunities to reinforce their knowledge by demonstrating to others.
- We offer half-day and full-day programs and before and after-school care.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for King's Wood Montessori School?
The application deadline for King's Wood Montessori School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
I went to a Montessori school and when I found out about KWMS I was quite excited. My two daughters are attending KWMS - My oldest is there since she was almost 3, and now my youngest at almost 3 gets to be with her sister while learning, exploring, playing, and discovering. The school's staff members are so warm and open heart. They are great at communicating, run special events every month at least once and they engage the parents regularly in in-school and out-of-school activities. There are plenty of volunteer opportunities so the parents are part of the classes or at other times with the kids. The kids get to spend time inside working on their abilities and have much social interaction outside on the playground and the woods next to the school. My kids come home excited, talking about their dear teachers, their classmates, and their activities. I love and recommend KWMS to any parent of a pre-schooler or a kindergartner!
My daughter has been going to KWMS for over a year and she absolutely LOVES it! She learns so many things in such a short period of time - life skills, social skills, and of course the wonderful hands-on approach that only a Montessori school can provide. I also enjoy the great flexibility that the after school care offers! You can tell the school the same day that your child needs after school care - it's really fantastic (and unique), especially if you have other children. Furthermore, the teachers are very knowledgeable and caring. My daughter talks about her teachers all the time and definitely has a fondness towards them. I think this says a lot if a 4 year old loves her teachers. Overall, KWMS is a very nurturing school with fantastic staff and programs.
Endorse King's Wood Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Exploring Educational Savings Accounts: A Guide for Parents
This comprehensive article explores the different educational savings accounts available to parents for private K-12 education and tertiary education. It provides detailed explanations of each account, including the 529 College Savings Plan, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, and Custodial Accounts. The article cites applicable legal authorities and emphasizes the importance of informed decision-making by consulting with legal and financial professionals.
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
October 30, 2023Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.