Kingsway Learning Center
Kingsway Learning Center is a non-profit organization devoted to the needs of those with multiple learning and developmental challenges.
Kingsway's School Program, which serves students age 3 to 21, is located in Voorhees, NJ
The program focuses on developing academic, social, and life skills, with related services provided according to each child`s Individual Education Program.
Related services available include speech/language therapy, occupational and physical therapy and nursing services.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 200 students
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 39%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Kingsway Learning Center's School Program includes three programs: Preschool, Elementary, and Secondary.
- The Pre-School Program is a full-day program for children ages 3 to 5 years old with learning, communication, sensory, motor or medical challenges. Our program embraces play-based learning in an environment that addresses educational and therapy goals and encourages self-initiated exploration. Through engagement and meaningful interactions, children can achieve sensory regulation for sustained attention. Individual differences are respected and considered when developing programming for each child`s needs. Our highly trained and experienced staff work together to facilitate academic, developmental and social/emotional growth. Our team includes teachers, teaching assistants, speech pathologists, and occupational and physical therapists. An optimum staff-to-child ratio assures individual attention. Related services also include feeding therapy.
- The Elementary Education Program is designed for students with multiple learning or developmental challenges, from ages 5 to 14. The program focuses on developing academics, functional daily living skills and social skills, with related services provided according to each child`s Individualized Education Program (IEP). Related services available include speech-language therapy, occupational and physical therapy and nursing services.
- The Secondary Program was developed in direct response to the need for improved transition programming for students with multiple disabilities between the ages of 14 and 21. To meet those needs, a comprehensive array of academic and therapeutic services are provided, which facilitate each student`s successful transition to an active post-secondary life. Utilizing both school-based career simulations and authentic vocational sites developed in partnership with community businesses, highly individualized programs are created utilizing a functional approach to academic and pre-vocational achievement. Academic and therapeutic goals and objectives are developed together with the student and parent. Services are delivered in an integrated model by a highly collaborative team of professionals. The Secondary team is comprised of Special Education Teachers, Job Coaches, Transition Coordinators, Counselors, Assistive Technology Specialists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, Physical Therapists, Behaviorists and Nursing personnelall working together to facilitate each students achievement of their individual goals and objectives.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Kingsway Learning Center often compared to?
Kingsway Learning Centeris often viewed alongside schools like Brookfield Academy by visitors of our site.
When is the application deadline for Kingsway Learning Center?
The application deadline for Kingsway Learning Center is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Kingsway Learning Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.