Lakewood Montessori School
- Lakewood Montessori School offers beautiful preschool, lower elementary and upper elementary environments ranging from age three through the sixth grade.
- The Montessori philosophy and method of education stimulates the child's intrinsic desire to learn and become independent.
- Specifically designed materials meet the developmental needs of each child.
- Our goal is for each child to develop self-motivation, inner-discipline and respect: for self, for others and for the environment.
- Lakewood Montessori Teachers are the foundation of our school. They are highly respected, degreed teachers who are AMS certified for the levels they teach.
- Their dedication to the Montessori philosophy is seen as they work with our children in environments enriched with Montessori materials and with the developmental needs of the child in mind.
- Our teachers have created an atmosphere of order, joy and discovery for the child.
- They are accomplished observers who gently guide the child with patience and purpose in order to fulfill the potential of each individual.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||89 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas Grades: PK-12 | 589 students
6144 Churchill Way
Dallas, TX 75230
(972)239-1745 6.1 PK-12
- Dallas Grades: PK-8 | 180 students
1601 Oates Dr
Dallas, TX 75228
(214)324-5580 4.2 PK-8
- Fort Worth Grades: NS-8 | 204 students
3420 Clayton Rd E
Fort Worth, TX 76116
(817)732-0252 39.7 NS-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.