Laurel Oaks Adventist School
- Laurel Oaks Adventist School offers Christian education for students grades Pre K-8.
- Situated on five acres of wooded land in Hamden, Laurel Oaks provides students with an education that supports mental, physical, and spritual growth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$435|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid is available|
|Admissions Director||Neil Clauson|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bridgeport Grades: NS-8 | 60 students
827 Trumbull Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06606
(203)374-3203 19.1 NS-8
- Waterbury Grades: 1-7 | 10 students
18 Manville St
Waterbury, CT 06704
(203)756-7111 14.4 1-7
- Beltsville Grades: K-8 | 223 students
4230 Ammendale Rd
Beltsville, MD 20705
(301)937-2933 265.9 K-8
- Lena Grades: 1-8
5100 Mccarthy Rd.
Lena, WI 54139
(920)834-5247 796.8 1-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.