Learning Project Elementary School
- The Learning Project is a small, urban elementary school that provides high academic and behavioral standards in an inclusive school community dedicated to principles of kindness, respect, responsibility, hard work and achievement.
- Activities are designed to challenge students to engage in projects that will extend their creativity and their 'higher level thinking' skills.
- The Learning Project is a school that believes children learn at different rates and in different ways and we seek through a low student:teacher ratio and an extensive program of additional support and tutoring to provide accommodations for a wide variety of learners.
- We are also school where each child is challenged to work hard, to become actively engaged in learning, to help one another, to make choices, to take risks, to develop personal responsibility, to learn from mistakes and to achieve.
- Character education shares equal emphasis with a strong foundation in core academic skills and both are seen as vital tools for scholastic and personal excellence.
- Small by design, the school provides close personal attention and support to each child and many cross-grade programs encourage friendships with all ages and contribute to a familial environment.
- Typically half of the graduates attend the Boston Exam Schools in seventh grade and the other half enroll in area independent schools.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||118 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $18,900 in kindergarten to $19,500 in sixth grade.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Laura Mellen|
- The Learning Project is located in the Back Bay of Boston, a block from the Clarendon Street Playground, "the school's playyard;" five blocks from the Boston Public Library Main Branch--"the school's library;" and five blocks from the Copley Square T station.
- The school is committed to keeping its tuition relatively low. Both are reflections of a strong commitment to socio-economic diversity.
- Separate Subject Teachers work with each class several times a week in Physical Education, Spanish, Science, Music and Art.
- Guided by a commitment to teaching in the "workshop model", the school's faculty challenges every child to do his or her personal best.
- A formal core values/character education program has always been a centerpiece of the school.
- Over 90% of our students qualified to attend the Boston Exam Schools have been accepted to them. Students have also gone on to a variety of independent schools including: Beaver Country Day School, Belmont Hill School,Boston College High Middle School, Brimmer and May, BB&N, Catholic Memorial, Hillside, Mt. Alvernia, Newton Country Day School, Noble and Greenough, Park, Rivers, Roxbury Latin, Trinity Academy and Winsor.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cambridge Grades: PK-8 | 205 students
5 Cadbury Road
Cambridge, MA 02140
(617)354-3880 3.6 PK-8
- Boston Grades: PK-6 | 207 students
15 Brimmer Street
Boston, MA 02108
(617)742-0520 0.4 PK-6
- Boston Grades: NS-8 | 120 students
530 Commonwealth Ave
Boston, MA 02215
(617)266-0028 1 NS-8
- Cambridge Grades: PK-12 | 1015 students
80 Gerry's Landing Rd
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617)547-6100 3.3 PK-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.