Lee Academy For Gifted Education
Tel: (813) 931-3316
- Lee Academy has patterned its approach to education after Dr. Barbara Clark's Integrative Education Model.
- We incorporated key components of that model in the development of our program.
- We strive to give equal importance to four human functions - thinking/cognitive, feeling/emotional, physical/sensing and the intuitive.
- These functions cannot reach their optimum levels separately, but only when each is integrated into the whole.
- This 'holistic' view reflects thinkers from the past and current researchers, who have found evidence of the interactive nature of reality.
- Our philosophy is based upon creating a responsive learning environment, relaxation and tension reduction, movement, empowering language, choice and perceived control, complex and challenging cognitive activity, intuition and integration and conclusion.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||63 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Grades: K-12 | 71 students
1301 West Linebaugh Ave
Tampa, FL 33612
(813) 963-0901 1.5 K-12
- Tampa Grades: PK-12 | 209 students
3909 S Macdill Ave
Tampa, FL 33611
(813) 839-4297 8.5 PK-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?