Lee Academy For Gifted Education
- Lee Academy has patterned its approach to education after Dr. Barbara Clark's Integrative Education Model.
- We incorporated key components of that model in the development of our program.
- We strive to give equal importance to four human functions - thinking/cognitive, feeling/emotional, physical/sensing and the intuitive.
- These functions cannot reach their optimum levels separately, but only when each is integrated into the whole.
- This 'holistic' view reflects thinkers from the past and current researchers, who have found evidence of the interactive nature of reality.
- Our philosophy is based upon creating a responsive learning environment, relaxation and tension reduction, movement, empowering language, choice and perceived control, complex and challenging cognitive activity, intuition and integration and conclusion.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Grades: NS-12 | 66 students
1301 West Linebaugh Ave
Tampa, FL 33612
(813)963-0901 1.5 NS-12
- Tampa Grades: PK-12 | 243 students
3909 S Macdill Ave
Tampa, FL 33611
(813)839-4297 8.5 PK-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.