Lee Academy For Gifted Education
- Lee Academy has patterned its approach to education after Dr. Barbara Clark's Integrative Education Model.
- We incorporated key components of that model in the development of our program.
- We strive to give equal importance to four human functions - thinking/cognitive, feeling/emotional, physical/sensing and the intuitive.
- These functions cannot reach their optimum levels separately, but only when each is integrated into the whole.
- This 'holistic' view reflects thinkers from the past and current researchers, who have found evidence of the interactive nature of reality.
- Our philosophy is based upon creating a responsive learning environment, relaxation and tension reduction, movement, empowering language, choice and perceived control, complex and challenging cognitive activity, intuition and integration and conclusion.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Grades: NS-12 | 66 students
1301 West Linebaugh Ave
Tampa, FL 33612
(813)963-0901 1.5 NS-12
- Tampa Grades: PK-12 | 243 students
3909 S Macdill Ave
Tampa, FL 33611
(813)839-4297 8.5 PK-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.