Lee Academy For Gifted Education
- Lee Academy has patterned its approach to education after Dr. Barbara Clark's Integrative Education Model.
- We incorporated key components of that model in the development of our program.
- We strive to give equal importance to four human functions - thinking/cognitive, feeling/emotional, physical/sensing and the intuitive.
- These functions cannot reach their optimum levels separately, but only when each is integrated into the whole.
- This 'holistic' view reflects thinkers from the past and current researchers, who have found evidence of the interactive nature of reality.
- Our philosophy is based upon creating a responsive learning environment, relaxation and tension reduction, movement, empowering language, choice and perceived control, complex and challenging cognitive activity, intuition and integration and conclusion.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||67 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TampaGrades: K-12 | 85 students
1301 West Linebaugh Ave
Tampa, FL 33612
TampaGrades: 1-12 | 40 students
4408 George Rd
Tampa, FL 33634
TampaGrades: PK-12 | 249 students
3909 S Macdill Ave
Tampa, FL 33611
ClearwaterGrades: PK-12 | 175 students
1831 Drew St
Clearwater, FL 33765
TampaGrades: NS-12 | 917 students
1515 W. Bearss Avenue
Tampa, FL 33613
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?